Tony Maserati, born Tony Masciarotte, is an American record producer and audio engineer who has worked with many mainstream artists including Lady Gaga, Beyoncé, Jason Mraz, James Brown, Mariah Carey, Notorious BIG, Black Eyed Peas, Destiny's Child, R. Kelly, Jennifer Lopez, Ricky Martin, Puff Daddy, and Tupac Shakur. His work encompasses worldwide sales in excess of 100 million units. He won a Grammy Award for his work on Beyoncé Knowles' No. 1 single, "Crazy In Love", a Latin Grammy Award for Sérgio Mendes's Timeless (2006)
Maserati attended Berklee College of Music in Boston, Massachusetts for production and engineering. He relocated to New York City during the early days of the record making business in New York City, and was trained by the technical and engineering staff of legendary Sigma Sound Studios as well as the steady stream of R&B, Dance and Rock luminaries who booked the rooms there.
According to Sound on Sound, Maserati helped to define the sound of New York hip-hop and R&B through his mixes: a "huge low end and a smooth, velvety high", and an “outhouse on the bottom, penthouse on the top”, according to Mix magazine.
Maserati uses both analog and digital technology, and has worked with manufacturers to test, create, distribute and promote quality audio solutions for the market. Pretty much every record he had ever made had been mixed on Tannoy speakers. In a partnership between Maserati and Waves Audio Ltd., digital plug-in versions of Maserati's favorite analog chains were created and released as the first in a line of Waves Signature Series plugins - The Tony Maserati Collection. Maserati has been a spokesperson for other brands including Avid, Chandler Limited, SoundToys, RetroInstruments, Crane Song, Softube and Universal Audio.
In 2011, Maserati and Stefan Skarbek co-founded Mirrorball Entertainment, LLC. The company was incorporated in California 2012. Mirrorball Entertainment is a record label as well as a publishing and production company.
- [dead link]
- Paul Tingen. "Secrets Of The Mix Engineers: Tony Maserati". Soundonsound.com. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Tony Maserati". Mixonline.com. 2001-12-01. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Mixing Legend Tony Maserati: Mixing Methodology". YouTube. Retrieved 2015-02-15.
- "News Room". Avid. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Chandler Limited". Chandler Limited. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Homepage - SoundToys - Professional Effects Plugins". SoundToys. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Home". Retro Instruments. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "index". Cranesong.com. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Tips and Tricks written for and by Softube users". Softube. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Universal Audio - Analog and Digital Audio Products and Plug-Ins". Uaudio.com. 2011-09-20. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Stitch by Klablab - Will be back shortly". Turino.tv. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- [dead link]
- "Business Search - Business Entities - Business Programs". Kepler.sos.ca.gov. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- "Mirrorball Entertainment with Tony Maserati and Stefan Skarbek | iZotope On Location". YouTube. 2012-02-24. Retrieved 2014-08-09.
- Official site
- Waves Audio interview with Tony Maserati
- Slate Digital interview with Tony Maserati
- Sound on Sound review of Waves Maserati Plugins
- Tony Maserati mixing Life and Love