Negus in Canada, March 2015
|High Commissioner of Australia to Canada|
15 January 2015 – 30 November 2017
|Prime Minister||Tony Abbott
|Preceded by||Louise Hand|
|Succeeded by||Natasha Smith|
|Commissioner of the Australian Federal Police|
7 September 2009 – 7 September 2014
|Preceded by||Mick Keelty|
|Succeeded by||Andrew Colvin|
|Born||Cowra, New South Wales, Australia|
|Profession||Diplomat, police officer; Commissioner of the AFP|
Tony William Negus AO, APM is an Australian diplomat and former Commissioner of the Australian Federal Police (AFP), being sworn in on 7 September 2009 for a five-year term. He was the sixth Commissioner of the AFP and the second appointed from within the AFP On 1 December 2014, he was appointed Australian High Commissioner to Canada effective sometime in January 2015.
Negus started his law enforcement career in traffic operations  in Canberra in 1982, and later as a detective in the Australian Capital Territory. He worked in community policing, federal investigations, human resources, and protection as well as in national operations in Brisbane, Sydney, and Canberra.
In June 2005, Negus was awarded the Australian Police Medal (APM). One year later, in July 2006, Negus was appointed National Manager of Human Resources, with responsibility for Learning and Development, Professional Standards, and People Strategies. Prior to his appointment as Commissioner of the AFP he had been Deputy Commissioner Operations since October 2007, where he had responsibility for border operations, economic and special operations, forensics and data centres, high technology crime operations, internal liaison networks, and international deployments.
- "new AFP Commissioner Sworn in". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Mick Keelty replacement Tony Negus sworn in". News Limited. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "AFPA WELCOMES APPOINTMENT OF AFP COMMISSIONER TONY NEGUS APM". Australian Federal Police Association. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Australian High Commissioner to Canada". Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Australian Federal Police Commissioner sworn in". Office of the Prime Minister of Australia. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Tony Negus APM". Australian Federal Police. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Swearing in of Tony Negus as Commissioner of Australian Federal Police". Office of the Prime Minister of Australia. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- Australian Police Medal, 13 June 2005; accessed 18 January 2015.
- "AFP Commissioner Tony Negus to step down from top job in September". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- "Tony Abbott announces new AFP Commissioner Andrew Colvin". Australian Broadcasting Corporation. Retrieved 18 January 2015.
- AFP Police Commissioner official website; accessed 18 January 2015
- Profile, thepowerindex.com.au; accessed 18 January 2015
|Commissioner of the Australian Federal Police
|Australian High Commissioner to Canada