June 30, 1974
Brooklyn, New York City, New York
|Relatives||Chris Rock (brother)|
Rock was born in Brooklyn, New York City, New York. The son of Rosalie Rock and Julius Rock (d. 1989), he grew up on Decatur Street in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of New York City. He has seven brothers and two sisters.
In the early 2000s, Rock hosted a short-lived game show entitled Can You Tell? for Oprah Winfrey's Oh! Oxygen network. He was also a correspondent for BattleBots on Comedy Central for the show's fifth season.
Rock has appeared on radio and television shows including The Howard Stern Show and The D'Angelo Show. He performed in New York with Mark Curry and John Henton to highlight the Apollo Theater. He co-starred as Dirk Black on the UPN/CW sitcom All of Us. Rock has worked as a back-up to his brother Chris, and appeared on the latter's sitcom Everybody Hates Chris in the recurring role of the title character's uncle Ryan. Rock has hosted The Funny Spot on TV One.
Rock starred in his own sketch comedy TV series, The Tony Rock Project, was broadcast on MyNetworkTV from 2008 to 2009. On February 19, 2010, Comedy Central aired Tony Rock's feature on Season 14 of Comedy Central Presents. His episode was the first original of the 2010 season.
- "Tony Rock". NNDB. Archived from the original on September 5, 2015. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- "Bio". Tony Rock official website. Archived from the original on February 25, 2016. Retrieved February 25, 2016.
- Oppenheim, Gabe (August 9, 2008). "Tony Rock, Standing Up To His Name". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on February 25, 2016. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
- MyNetworkTV Prepares to Rock Out, Broadcasting & Cable, June 5, 2008.
- List of Comedy Central Presents episodes
- "Tony Rock". BET. Retrieved June 18, 2014.
- Official website
- Rock the World Inc. website
- Tony Rock at the Internet Movie Database
- Tony Rock's biography on Filmbug