June 30, 1974
|Occupation||Stand-up comedian, actor|
|Relatives||Chris Rock (brother)|
Sherrod Small (cousin)
Rock was born in Brooklyn, New York. The son of Rosalie Rock and Julius Rock (d. 1989), he grew up on Decatur Street in the Bedford-Stuyvesant neighborhood of New York City. He has seven brothers and two sisters.
Rock has appeared on radio and television shows including The Howard Stern Show and The D'Angelo Show. He performed in New York with Mark Curry and John Henton to highlight the Apollo Theater. He co-starred as Dirk Black on the UPN/The CW sitcom All of Us. Rock has worked as a back-up to his brother Chris, and appeared on the latter's sitcom Everybody Hates Chris in the recurring role of the title character's uncle Ryan. Chris's fictitious brother Drew from the show is loosely based on Tony. Rock has hosted The Funny Spot on TV One.
Rock starred in his own sketch comedy TV series, The Tony Rock Project, which was broadcast on MyNetworkTV from 2008 to 2009. On February 19, 2010, Comedy Central aired Tony Rock's feature on Season 14 of Comedy Central Presents. His episode was the first original of the 2010 season.
- "Tony Rock". NNDB. Archived from the original on September 5, 2015. Retrieved February 25, 2016. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Bio". Tony Rock official website. Archived from the original on February 25, 2016. Retrieved February 25, 2016. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- Oppenheim, Gabe (August 9, 2008). "Tony Rock, Standing Up To His Name". The Washington Post. Archived from the original on February 25, 2016. Retrieved February 26, 2016.
Rock, 34...Cite uses deprecated parameter
- MyNetworkTV Prepares to Rock Out, Broadcasting & Cable, June 5, 2008.
- List of Comedy Central Presents episodes
- "Tony Rock". BET. Retrieved June 18, 2014.