|Birth name||Antonio Salazar Gómez|
|Born||January 15, 1949|
Mexico City, Mexico
|Residence||Mexico City, Mexico|
|Professional wrestling career|
|Ring name(s)||Tony Salazar|
|Billed height||1.78 m (5 ft 10 in)|
|Billed weight||88 kg (194 lb)|
|Trained by||Raul Romero|
Alejandro de Alba
|Debut||February 7, 1965|
Antonio Salazar Gómez, (born January 15, 1949) is a retired Mexican Luchador, or professional wrestler who currently works as the ring announcer for Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre's (CMLL) Sunday shows in Arena Coliseo. He is best known under the ring name Tony Salazar, although he has also competed as Señor Tormenta, El Nene and the masked Ulises during his wrestling career. In his career, he has held the NWA World Middleweight Championship twice, and the NWA World Light Heavyweight Championship once.
Professional wrestling career
Tony Salazar made his professional wrestling debut in 1965 and soon after began working regularly for Empresa Mexicana de Lucha Libre, the world's oldest and Mexico's largest wrestling promotion. On August 13, 1978 Tony Salazar defeated Ringo Mendoza to win the NWA World Middleweight Championship, holding the title until February 3, 1979 when Mendoza regained it. Salazar would have an additional reign as Middleweight champion in 1981 when he won it from Sangre Chicana on January 18 and lost it to Chicana on March 13, 1981. The following month Salazar defeated Alfonso Dantés to win the NWA World Light Heavyweight Championship, the most prestigious title promoted in Mexico at the time. Salazar's run with the Light Heavyweight title lasted for almost a year until American David Morgan won it on March 22, 1982. Following his title loss Salazar worked as the enmascarado character Ulíses for some years, retiring in the early 1990s.
Tony Salazar is currently the ring announcer for Consejo Mundial de Lucha Libre's (CMLL; Previously known as EMLL) Sunday night shows in Arena Coliseo in Mexico City, Mexico as well as working behind the scenes as one of the people responsible for putting the shows together every Sunday.
Tony Salazar is the father of CMLL wrestler Magnus, the uncle of AAA wrestler Myzteziz, as well as Argenis, Argos and Astro Boy. He is the brother-in-law of their father who wrestled as Dr. Karonte.
Championships and accomplishments
Luchas de Apuestas record
|Winner (wager)||Loser (wager)||Location||Event||Date||Notes|
|Tony Salazar (hair)||Cacique Mara (hair)||Mexico City, Mexico||Live event||March 19, 1976|
|Tony Salazar (hair)||Ringo Mendoza (hair)||Mexico City, Mexico||Live event||August 20, 1978|
|El Faraón and Águila India (hair)||Sangre Chicana and Tony Salazar (hair)||Mexico City, Mexico||Live event||1979|
|Tony Salazar (hair)||Bruno Victoria (hair)||Mexico City, Mexico||Live event||August 16, 1980|
|Perro Aguayo (hair)||Tony Salazar (hair)||Mexico City, Mexico||EMLL 49th Anniversary Show||September 17, 1982|||
|Tony Salazar (hair)||Coloso Colosetti (hair)||Mexico City, Mexico||Live event||April 22, 1983|
|Tony Salazar (hair)||Herodes (hair)||Mexico City, Mexico||Live event||September 18, 1983|
|Tony Salazar (hair)||Coloso Colosetti (hair)||Mexico City, Mexico||27. Aniversario de Arena México||October 3, 1983|||
|Tony Salazar, Americo Rocca and Ringo Mendoza (hair)||Los Misioneros de la Muerte (hair)
(El Signo, El Texano and Negro Navarro)
|Mexico City, Mexico||EMLL 53rd Anniversary Show||September 19, 1986|||
|Pirata Morgan (hair)||Tony Salazar (hair)||Mexico City, Mexico||EMLL 54th Anniversary Show||September 18, 1987|||
- Various (2005). "Los Lutteroth / the Lutteroths". Lucha Libre: Masked Superstars of Mexican Wrestling. Distributed Art Publishers, Inc. pp. 20–27. ISBN 968-6842-48-9.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2006). "EMLL NWA World Middlweight Title". Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. pp. 389–390. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- Royal Duncan & Gary Will (2006). "Mexico: EMLL NWA World Light Heavyweight Title". Wrestling Title Histories (4th ed.). Archeus Communications. p. 389. ISBN 0-9698161-5-4.
- Centela, Trddy (April 4, 2015). "En un día como hoy… 1981: Sangriento choque Villano III-Kuniaki Kobayashi — Águila India y Gran Cochisse, rapados" (in Spanish). SuperLuchas Magazine. Retrieved April 4, 2015.
- Enciclopedia staff (November 2007). "Enciclopedia de las Ulíses". Romano (in Spanish). Mexico City, Mexico. p. 23. Tomo V.
- Madigan, Dan (2007). "A family affair". Mondo Lucha a Go Go: the bizarre & honorable world of wild Mexican wrestling. HarperColins Publisher. pp. 128–132. ISBN 978-0-06-085583-3.
- Lucha 2000 staff (May 2008). "Perro Aguayo y sus Victimas". Lucha 2000 Magazine (in Spanish). pp. 12–15. Especial 30.
- Ruiz Glez, Alex (September 7, 2010). "CMLL: 79 historias, 79 Aniversario, las 79 luchas estelares". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Retrieved October 20, 2012.
- Lucha 2000 Staff (April 2006). "Arena México: 50 anos de Lucha Libre". Lucha 2000 (in Spanish). Especial 28.
- Flores, Manuel (February 16, 2009). "Pirata Morgan: 30 Años de Lucha Libre". SuperLuchas (in Spanish). Mexico City, D.F. pp. 26–28. 302.