|Birth name||Joseph Anthony Hernandez|
|Born||July 2, 1969|
Brooklyn, New York, United States
|Genres||Hip hop, reggaeton, house|
|Associated acts||The Beatnuts|
Big Daddy Kane
Tony Touch began as a B-boy during the rap music renaissance era of the early 1980s. Heavily influenced by pioneers like Crazy Legs and the Rock Steady Crew, Grandmaster Flash, Red Alert, Little Louie Vega and Jam Master Jay, he quickly shifted his interests towards the turntables. Tony is known for his mixtapes the 50 Mcs parts 1, 2 and 3. His mixtapes have featured guest appearances from Eminem, KRS-One, Kool G Rap, Big Daddy Kane, Wyclef, M.O.P, Big L, and Mos Def.
In 2000, Tony released his debut album The Piece Maker on Tommy Boy Records. It sold 400,000 units worldwide and featured guest appearances from Big Pun, Cypress Hill, Wu-Tang Clan, Busta Rhymes, Eminem, and Gang Starr.
In 2000 the single "I Wonder Why" featuring Total was released. The music video featured cameos from John Leguizamo, Rock Steady Crew, Grand Master Flash, The Awesome 2, Marley Marl, and DJ Premier.
Since then, Tony Touch has released The Piece Maker 2, which featured guest appearances from P. Diddy, Fat Joe, Sean Paul, Snoop Dogg, and Ruben Blades.
Tony Touch is also known to represent the urban Latino community with his Spanglish lyrics and Salsa roots. This is the result of him growing up with salsa at home and hip-hop influence in his lifestyle.
In 2005 Tony signed to EMI records releasing a reggaeton album, ReggaeTony. The lead single "Play That Song" featured Nina Sky and B-Real of Cypress Hill. The CD included collaborations with artists such as Tego Calderon, Zion and Lenox, Pitbull, Ivy Queen, NORE, Voltio, Mexicano, Thirston Howl III, and Soni. The album went gold, and EMI moved quickly to release ReggaeTony 2. This CD featured Lumidee, Plan B, Joell Ortiz, Tru Life, Don Chezina, and the Beatnuts. To this date Tony has sold over a million records worldwide.
On July 16, 2013, his sixth album The Piece Maker 3: Return of the 50 MC's was released and featured guest appearances from Busta Rhymes, Reek da Villain, Roc Marciano, Lil Fame, Too Short, Xzibit, Kurupt, B-Real, Papoose, Uncle Murda, Black Thought, Styles P, Sheek Louch, Jadakiss, Raekwon, Ghostface Killah, RZA, Eminem, Twista, Bun B, Action Bronson, Prodigy, Joell Ortiz, Royce da 5'9", Krs-One, Crooked I, Redman, Method Man, N.O.R.E., and Erick Sermon.
- 2000: The Piece Maker
- 2004: The Piece Maker 2
- 2005: The Reggaetony Album
- 2007: Reggaetony 2
- 2013: The Piece Maker 3: Return of the 50 MC's
- 1998: The Rican-Struction
Partial mixtape discography
- 1991: Hip Hop Volume 1
- 1996: Power Cypha: 50's MCs
- 1997: Power Cypha 2
- 1999: Power Cypha 3: The Grand Finale
- 2002: B-Boy Breaks 3: James Brown Tribute
- 2003: R&B Volume 30: The Love Session
- 2010: Feel Good
- 2011: Feel Good # 2
- 1997: 5 Deadly Venoms of Brooklyn (w/ Evil Dee, Mister Cee, PF Cuttin and Premier)
- 1997: The Diaz Brother (w/ Doo Wop)
- 1998: Hip Hop 59 ft FunkMaster Flex
- 1998: Terrorist Activity (w/ DJ Khaled)
- 1999: The Diaz Brother: 2 for 5 (w/ Doo Wop)
- 2000: The Diaz Brothers: Live In Japan (w/ Doo Wop)
- 2002: The Diaz Brothers 3 (hosted by Kay Slay)
- 2003: Mucho Muchacho - Chulería
This section needs expansion with: more singles. You can help by adding to it. (January 2017)
- "DJ Tony Touch Interview | Tony Toca Mixtapes". Latinrapper.com. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- Michael Gallucci (2000-04-18). "The Piece Maker - Tony Touch | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- "iTunes - Music - The Piece Maker by Tony Touch". Itunes.apple.com. 2000-01-01. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- David Jeffries (2004-02-24). "The Piece Maker, Vol. 2 - Tony Touch | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- Keith Nelson Jr (@JusAire) (2013-06-20). "EXCLUSIVE: DJ Tony Touch on Piece Makers 3, Eminem's "Symphony In H" + More (VIDEO)". AllHipHop.com. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- David Jeffries (2005-03-29). "The Reggaetony Album - Tony Touch | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- "Reggaetony 2 - Tony Touch | Songs, Reviews, Credits, Awards". AllMusic. Retrieved 2013-07-23.
- Paine, Jake (2013-07-08). "Tony Touch "Piece Maker 3" Release Date, Tracklist & Album Stream". HipHop DX. Retrieved 2013-07-17.
- "New Music: CaliYork (Austin Brown & DJ Tony Touch) - Show Up At My Place - YouKnowIGotSoul.com". 2016-09-16. Retrieved 2017-09-29.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Tony Touch.|