Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths
Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths is a PC adventure game owned and developed by Nayma Software.
The game's first official release was in December 1997 in Torino during the multimedia event Saloon.bit at Nayma Expo-Stand and then on March 24, 1998 in Firenze during the MediARTech International Exhibition, where the game got attention from main Italian computer magazines and distributors.
Players control the titular Tony Tough, a private detective described as "a gnome-sized, nasal-voiced hypochondriac momma’s boy", guiding him through the game by positioning the cursor over objects and instructing Tony to interact with them. The game shares many traits with titles such as Day of the Tentacle, which it has been compared with by reviewers. These include a focus on conversations with strange characters, puzzle solving, and combining and using items found throughout the game. The graphics and animation are cartoon-like. Two modes of play are present; beginner mode has less puzzles and does not feature the two in-game mini-games.
- Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths 1997 first Nayma trailer(10-26-2012)
- MediARTech foto report at Nayma Software expo-stand(10-26-2012)
- Roasted Moths first magazines and press about the game(10-26-2012)
- Roasted Moths engine at resources and SCUMMVM.ORG project(10-26-2012)
- justadventure press release(10-26-2012)[dead link]
- Sluganski, Randy (2002-11-04). "Review - Tony Tough and the Night of Roasted Moths". Just Adventure. Archived from the original on March 29, 2009. Retrieved 2009-03-15.
- Misund, Andreas (2002-11-26). "Tony Tough Review". Gamers Hell. Retrieved 2009-03-15.