|Residence||Los Angeles, California|
|Occupation||actress, burlesque headliner, producer|
|Movement||raw foods vegan|
Tonya Kay was born in southern Michigan. While graduating valedictorian of her high school class, she chose not to continue with traditional education. Kay is a practicing raw vegan, pagan and Chaote.
Kay began tap dance training at age four. At age six, she performed in a local community theatre production of the musical Oliver!. At 15, she was cast in her first professional production, The Music Man at Detroit, Michigan's Fisher Theatre. She spent four years performing in Chicago theatres, including the Drury Lane Theatre, Peninsula Players, Theatre at the Centre, Theatre Building Chicago and Apollo Theater Chicago. In New York City, she performed concert dance and experimental theatre, including De La Guarda, and eventually toured in Stomp.
Kay is a film/TV actress, burlesque headliner and danger artist.
Her guest appearances on American network television programs include Jane the Virgin, Criminal Minds, House M.D., Glee, The Fosters, and Rosewood. Her movie credits include Bastard (20th Century Fox), The Other Wife, Web Cam Girls & Saving My Baby (LMN), and an upcoming release on SyFy, Earthtastrophe.
- Kay, Tonya. "Serious About Play: Athletic Training Tips", Organic Athlete (2004)
- Kay, Tonya. "Eden's Apple", Funky Raw Living, Salt Lake City, Issue 5, 2006
- Kay, Tonya. "Living Cuisine Cafe", Funky Raw Living, Salt Lake City, Issue 9, 2007
- Kay, Tonya and Joanna Steven. Raw Nutritional Analysis: A Month on Tonya Kay's Autumn Diet (2008)
- Kay, Tonya and Joanna Steven. Raw Nutritional Analysis ll: Spring Athlete's Diet (2009)