Too Fat to Fish
|Publisher||Spiegel & Grau|
|November 11, 2008|
|LC Class||PN2287.L2833 A3 2008|
Too Fat to Fish is a collection of memoirs by American comedian, radio personality and actor Artie Lange. Published by Spiegel & Grau on November 11, 2008, the book is co-written by journalist Anthony Bozza. Lange dedicated the book to radio personality Howard Stern, who also writes its foreword. It is said that Lange writes about his "most personal revelation" in the book.
Too Fat to Fish debuted at number one on The New York Times Best Seller list, holding the position for one week. A paperback edition was released on June 2, 2009, which included a bonus chapter and alternate back cover. In 2013, Lange released his second book, Crash and Burn.
In June 2008, five months prior to the book's release, Too Fat to Fish hit the Amazon list at No. 27. Chapter eight of the book, "Pig in Shit", was made available for reading, including clips of the audio book from the book's website. On November 3, the Howard 100 News team reported that a billboard advertising Too Fat to Fish was put up at Broadway and 54th Street in New York City.
Too Fat to Fish debuted at number one on The New York Times Best Seller list, holding the position for one week. The book remained on the list's top ten for 11 weeks, and inside the top 15 for fourteen weeks.
The book has received some media attention for its unusual, humorous title, based on something Lange's mother once said. It was notably referenced twice on the Top Ten List segment on the Late Show with David Letterman.
- "Spigel & Grau.com - Too Fat to Fish".
- "ArtiesTooFat.com - Homepage".
- "DoubleDay.com - The Artie Lange Billboard".
- "Amazon.com - Hot New Releases in Books".
- "Amazon.com - Best Sellers in Books".
- "Best Sellers: Hardcover Nonfiction". The New York Times. 2008-11-21. Retrieved 2008-11-21.
- "Best Sellers: Hardcover Nonfiction". The New York Times. 2008-11-28. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- "Best Sellers: Hardcover Nonfiction". The New York Times. 2009-02-08. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- "Best Sellers: Hardcover Nonfiction". The New York Times. 2009-03-01. Retrieved 2011-01-11.
- "MarksFriggin.com - Daily Archives - Week of 09/29 to 10/03 2008".
- "MarksFriggin.com - Daily Archives - Week of 10/20 to 10/24 2008".
Dewey: The Small-Town Library Cat Who Touched the World
by Vicki Myron
|#1 New York Times Best Seller Non-Fiction
November 30, 2008 - December 6, 2008
by Malcolm Gladwell.