Too Many Girls (film)
|Too Many Girls|
Theatrical release poster
|Directed by||George Abbott|
|Produced by||Harry E. Edington|
|Screenplay by||John Twist|
|Based on||Too Many Girls|
by George Marion Jr.
Hal Le Roy
|Music by||George Bassman|
|Edited by||William Hamilton|
|Distributed by||RKO Pictures|
Too Many Girls is a 1940 American musical comedy film directed by George Abbott, written by John Twist, and starring Lucille Ball, Richard Carlson, Ann Miller, Eddie Bracken, Frances Langford, Desi Arnaz and Hal Le Roy. It was released on October 8, 1940, by RKO Pictures. Both Desi Arnaz and Lucille Ball credited the production for bringing them together. They married on November 30, 1940, less than two months after the film's release.
Mr Casey's daughter, Connie, wants to go to Pottawatomie College and without her knowledge he sends four football players as her bodyguards. The college is in financial trouble and her bodyguards use their salary to help the college. The football players join the college team, and the team becomes one of the best. One of the football players, Clint, falls in love with Connie, but when she discovers he is her bodyguard, she decides to go back East. The bodyguards follow her, leaving the team in the lurch.
- Lucille Ball as Connie Casey
- Richard Carlson as Clint Kelly
- Ann Miller as Pepe
- Eddie Bracken as Jojo Jordan
- Frances Langford as Eileen Eilers
- Desi Arnaz as Manuelito
- Hal Le Roy as Al Terwilliger
- Libby Bennett as Tallulah Lou
- Harry Shannon as Mr. Casey
- Douglas Walton as Beverly Waverly
- Chester Clute as Lister
- Tiny Person as Midge Martin
- Ivy Scott as Mrs. Tewksbury
- Byron Shores as Sheriff Andaluz
- Van Johnson as chorus boy (uncredited)
- "Too Many Girls (1940) - Overview - TCM.com". Turner Classic Movies. Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Movie Review - Too Many Girls - THE SCREEN IN REVIEW; 'Too Many Girls' Makes Appearance at Loew's Criterion--New Films Also Have Openings at the 55th Street, Rialto and the Palace At the Rialto At the 55th St. Playhouse At the Palace - NYTimes.com". Retrieved 14 September 2014.
- "Too Many Girls Trailer, Reviews and Schedule for Too Many Girls - TVGuide.com". TV Guide. Retrieved 14 September 2014.