Too Slim and the Taildraggers
|Too Slim and the Taildraggers|
|Origin||Spokane, Washington, United States|
Tim "Too Slim" Langford|
Jeffrey "Shakey" Fowlkes
Too Slim and the Taildraggers is an American blues rock band formed in 1986 in Spokane, Washington, United States. The band has had six albums peak in the top 10 of the Billboard Top Blues Albums. Members currently consist of Tim "Too Slim" Langford (lead vocals, guitar), Robert Kearnes (bass, vocals) and Jeffrey "Shakey" Fowlkes (drums). The band is located in Nashville, Tennessee, United States.
To date, Too Slim and the Taildraggers have released 13 studio albums and five live albums. The Fortune Teller (2007), Free Your Mind (2009), Shiver (2011), Blue Heart (2013), and Blood Moon (2016) all charted in the Top 10 of the Billboard Top Blues Albums, peaking at numbers 9, 5,9, 3, and 6 respectively.
The Inland Empire Blues Society named the band "Best Blues Band" for four consecutive years, from 1995-1998, while the albums Swamp Opera and Blues for EB were also named Best Albums. The Cascade Blues Association named them "Best Regional Band" for 11 consecutive years, 1995-1999.
Washington State Blues Society awarded Too Slim and the Taildraggers the Lifetime Achievement Award in 2012; Shiver was nominated for the category Rock Blues Album at the Blues Music Awards in the same year.
|Tim "Too Slim" Langford||Lead vocals, guitar|
|Zach Kasik||Bass, vocals|
|Jeffrey "Shakey" Fowlkes||Drums|
|Eric Hanson||Bass, Vocals|
|E. Scott Esbeck||Bass, Vocals|
|Polly O' Keary||Bass,Vocals|
|Zach T. Cooper||Drums|
|Dave Nordstrom||Bass, Vocals|
|Year||Album||Peak chart positions|
|1988||Swingin in the Underworld||x||x|
|1990||Rock 'em Dead||x||x|
|1992||El Rauncho Grundgé||x||—|
|1997||Blues for EB||—||—|
|2000||King Size Troublemakers||—||—|
|2003||Tales of Sin and Redemption||—||—|
|2007||The Fortune Teller||9||—|
|2009||Free Your Mind||5||—|
|2018||High Desert Heat||4||—|
|"—" denotes releases that did not chart.
"×" denotes periods where charts did not exist.
|Bootleg Series Vol. 1||1999|
|Beer & Barbecue Chips||2005|
|Time To Live||2007|
- Seida, Linda. "Too Slim & the Taildraggers Biography". AllMusic). Archived from the original on 2013-06-28. Retrieved 2011-08-27.
- "Too Slim & the Taildraggers Charts & Awards". Allmusic. All Media Guide (Rovi). Retrieved 2011-08-27.
- "Blues Foundation Announces 2012 Blues Music Award Nominees - American Blues Scene Magazine". American Blues Scene Magazine. 2011-12-13. Archived from the original on 2016-04-25. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- "What Happened at the Blues Music Awards 2012?". About.com Entertainment. Archived from the original on 2016-04-25. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- "Too Slim & The Taildraggers | Blue Mountain Artists". Bmatours.com. Archived from the original on 2016-04-25. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- "Too Slim drags his tail to Moscow". Inland 360. Archived from the original on 2016-04-25. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- "Interview with Pacific Northwest bassist Polly O'Keary - catchy songs, scorching vocals and riotous bass". blues.gr. Archived from the original on 2016-04-25. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- "Blues Underground Network (Featuring Too Slim and the Taildraggers)". Bluesundergroundnetwork.com. Archived from the original on 2016-04-25. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- "Spokane Chronicle - Google News Archive Search". news.google.com. Retrieved 2016-04-25.
- Scruggs, Joey (April 1999). ""I Did It My Way": An Interview with Too Slim Langford". Cascade Blues Association. Archived from the original on 2011-09-27. Retrieved 2011-08-27.