David Whittaker (MS-DOS)
Allister Brimble (GBC)
Matt Furniss (computer versions)
|Platform(s)||Arcade, Amiga, Commodore 64, Atari ST, Amstrad CPC, NES, MS-DOS, Game Boy Color, ZX Spectrum, MSX|
|Mode(s)||1-2 player simultaneous|
Toobin' is an Atari Games and Midway Games video game originally released as an arcade game in 1988 and is based on the recreational sport tubing. It was later ported to systems such as NES, Amiga, Commodore 64, MSX, and Game Boy Color. In the game, the player assumes control of the main characters Bif or Jet, guiding them through many winding rivers on an innertube.
This section needs expansion. You can help by adding to it. (August 2019)
The player competes in a river race against the computer or another player. The player's score increases by swishing the gates, hitting other characters with cans, collecting hidden letters to spell Toobin', and collecting treasures. Players try to avoid obstacles while pushing each other into them.
Power-ups allow players to carry multiple cans and combinations of gates increase a score multiplier. The game has three different classes, each with five rivers, for a total of 15.
The game is included as part of Midway Arcade Treasures and Arcade Party Pak, where it was given a remixed soundtrack. It was also included in the 2012 compilation Midway Arcade Origins. The game is one of the 23 arcade games that are included with the Midway Arcade Level Pack for Lego Dimensions, unlocked by using the hidden Arcade Dock in the level "Follow The Lego Brick Road".
- Corey Sandler (1990), Ult Unauth Nintendo Game Strat, Volume 3 - The Bantam game mastery series, Bantam Books, ISBN 978-0-553-35225-2
- John Sellers (2001), Arcade fever: the fan's guide to the golden age of video games, Running Press, ISBN 978-0-7624-0937-2
- Marc Saltzman (2000), Marc Saltzman (ed.), Game design: secrets of the Sages, Brady Games, 2000, ISBN 978-1-56686-987-4
- Toobin' at the Killer List of Videogames
- Toobin' at the Arcade History database
- Toobin' at SpectrumComputing.co.uk