This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Alcohol by volume||4.4%|
|Style||Dark top fermented ale|
Tooheys Old is a dark ale type of beer produced in Australia by Tooheys. It has been brewed since 1869 and Tooheys began bottling it in 1970. It has 4.41% alcohol per volume while only containing 132 calories. It is on tap in many bars in New South Wales, Australian Capital Territory, South Australia and Queensland. It is made with top fermentation ale yeast, lightly hopped with black malt giving it a very dark, almost blackish, colour.
The beer was formerly known as Tooheys Hunter Old Ale.
- Lion Co. "Australian Beer Product Nutritional Information" (PDF). Archived from the original (PDF) on 24 January 2014.
- "Tooheys New - Our History". Archived from the original on 2001-03-31.
- "Tooheys Old - 42 at RateBeer".
- "Tooheys New - Our Beers". Archived from the original on 2001-03-31.
- "RAY'S AUSTRALIAN BEER CAN PAGE - Cans - NSW - Tooheys Hunter Old Ale".
- Jackson, Michael (2000). The Great Beer Guide. Dorling Kindersley. ISBN 0-7894-5156-5.
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|