This biography of a living person relies too much on references to primary sources. (June 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Toomas Kivisild, (born on 11 August 1969 in Tapa, Estonia) is an Estonian geneticist. He graduated with Ph.D. from University of Tartu in 2000 and is currently University Reader in Human Evolutionary Genetics at Cambridge University, Division of Biological Anthropology, as well as a senior researcher at the Estonian Biocentre. His research focuses mainly on the evolution of the human species as seen through population genetics. He coauthored the second edition of the textbook Human Evolutionary Genetics (2013).
- 1999a. "Deep common ancestry of Indian and western-Eurasian mitochondrial DNA lineages" 
- 1999b. "The Place of the Indian mtDNA Variants in the Global Network of Maternal Lineages and the Peopling of the Old World" 
- 2000a. "An Indian Ancestry: a Key for Understanding Human Diversity in Europe and Beyond" 
- 2000b. "The origins of southern and western Eurasian populations: an mtDNA study" 
- 2003a. "The Genetics of Language and Farming Spread in India" 
- 2003b. "The Genetic Heritage of the Earliest Settlers Persists Both in Indian Tribal and Caste Populations" , 
- The emerging limbs and twigs of the East Asian mtDNA tree. [permanent dead link] 
- Ethiopian mtDNA heritage. doi:10.1086/425161 PMID 15457403
- Mait, Metspalu; Kivisild, Toomas; et al. (2004). "Most of the extant mtDNA boundaries in South and Southwest Asia were likely shaped during the initial settlement of Eurasia by anatomically modern humans". BMC Genetics. 5: 26. doi:10.1186/1471-2156-5-26. PMC 516768. PMID 15339343. 
- 2005a. Different population histories of the Mundari- and Mon-Khmer-speaking Austro-Asiatic tribes inferred from the mtDNA 9-bp deletion/insertion polymorphism in Indian populations 
- 2005b. Reconstructing the Origin of Andaman Islanders 
- 2005c. Tracing Modern Human Origins 
- 2006a. Response to Comment on‘‘Reconstructing the Origin of Andaman Islanders’’ 
- 2006b. Sahoo, S.; Kivisild, T; et al. (2006). "A prehistory of Indian Y chromosomes: Evaluating demic diffusion scenarios".
- 2006c. The role of selection in the evolution of human mitochondrial genomes. 
- 2007. Peopling of South Asia: investigating the caste-tribe continuum in India 
- 2007. Revealing the prehistoric settlement of Australia by Y chromosome and mtDNA analysis
- "Toomas Kivisild". University of Cambridge. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Nelson, Dean (2012-12-03). "European Roma descended from Indian 'untouchables', genetic study shows". The Independent. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "'Help me find my doppelganger'". BBC News. 2013-03-06. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "Toomas Kivisild". Science | AAAS. 2014-10-31. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- "People at the Molecular Anthropology Group, Tartu University and Estonian Biocentre". evolutsioon.ut.ee. Retrieved 2018-01-24.
- Ray, Sreeurpa (2014-12-12). "Human Evolutionary Genetics". The Yale Journal of Biology and Medicine. 87 (4): 603. PMC 4257046.
- Bigham, Abigail W. (2014-07-01). "Human Evolutionary Genetics (2nd edition). By Mark Jobling, Edward Hollox, Matthew Hurles, Toomas Kivisild, and Chris Tyler-Smith. 650 pp. New York: PB - Garland Science . 2013. $130.00 (paper)". American Journal of Human Biology. 26 (4): 574–575. doi:10.1002/ajhb.22564. ISSN 1520-6300.
|This article about an Estonian scientist is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|