Tooruktug Dolgay Tangdym
|English: The Forest Is Full of Pine Nuts|
|Tooruktuƣ dolgaј taᶇdьm|
National and Regional anthem of Tuvan People's Republic, Tuvan Autonomous Oblast, Tuvan Autonomous Soviet Socialist Republic and Tuva Republic
|Relinquished||11 August 2011|
Tooruktug dolgay tañdım
Tooruktug Dolgai Tangdym (Tuvan: Тооруктуг долгай таңдым Tuvan pronunciation: [tʰoːɾukˈtʰuɣ tolgaj tʰaŋˈtɯm], "The Forest is Full of Pine Nuts"; Russian: Лес, полный кедровых орехов, Les, polný kedrovych orechov; also translated as "The Forest is Full of Cedar Nuts" or "The Taiga is Full of Cedar Nuts") is an old Tuvan folk song that became the national anthem of the TAR and later official regional anthem of Republic of Tuva, Russia. On August 11, 2011, it was replaced by a new anthem titled "Men – Tyva Men".
The song expresses the Tuvan belief that a person who takes care of his environment, his livestock, and the plentiful taiga will want for nothing. It refers to Tangdy, or the Tannu-Ola mountains, a mountain range in southern Tuva that is revered by the Tuvan people. The name of the mountain range is incorporated into "Tannu-Tuva," the popular name for the Tuvan People's Republic.
|Tuvan (Cyrillic)||Tuvan Latin script (historical)||IPA transcription|
Тооруктуг долгай таңдым
Tooruktuƣ dolgaј taᶇdьm
tʰoːɾuktʰuɣ tolgaj tʰaŋtɯm
Эзириктиг ээр-ле таңдым
Eziriktiƣ eer-le taᶇdьm
eziɾiktiɣ eːɾle tʰaŋtɯm
Rough English translation
- When I walk in my forest
- I will always be satisfied
- Because my forest is rich with
- animals and everything I need.
- There in the mountains, the
- cliffs, the taiga, I was born.
- Because of that I am strong.
- I will raise my livestock
- and be rich.
- Nine different animals – If I herd
- them and feed them
- And take care of them as my
- own – I'll be rich.
- Booklet produced by the Tuvan National Orchestra for their 2009 CD.
- Booklet produced by the Tuvan National Orchestra.
- Tooruktug taiga lyrics
- Audio recorded by the Tuvan National Orchestra. The orchestral arrangement was composed by Ayana Samiyaevna Mongush.
- Tooruktug Dolgaj Tan̨dym melody in ASF format.
|This national, regional or organisational anthem-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This Russia-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about Tuva is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|