Top Gear (Indian magazine)
August 2015 cover
|CCO and Editor||Girish Karkera|
|Publisher||Worldwide Media Pvt. Ltd.|
|First issue||September 2005|
|Company||BBC Worldwide Limited|
The magazine is published out of the Times of India Building, opposite Chhatrapati Shivaji Terminus Railway Station. The first edition was launched in September 2005.
BBC TopGear is an automotive magazine with a lifestyle flavor. So apart from road tests its USP are its surreal features which normally test the cars and bikes in various environment and talks a lot about driver interactions with the car and not just the technical specifications. The magazine has made a niche for itself with its take on automotive journalism.
WWM, led by Deepak Lamba (CEO), also publishes other popular titles like Femina, Filmfare, Grazia India, Hello, BBC Good Homes India, BBC Knowledge and Lonely Planet Magazine India. Joji Varghese is the publisher, print and production controller of TopGear India.
- Girish Karkera (Editor)
- Sriram Narayanan (Deputy Editor)
- Debabrata Sarkar (Associate Editor)
- Abhinav Mishra (Features Editor)
- Christopher Chaves (Assistant Features Editor)
- Devesh Shobha (Features Editor)
- Agasti Kaulgi (Road Test Editor)
- Amaan Ahmed (Copy Editor)
- Samarpan Bhowmik (Senior Copy Editor)
- Tejal Bhatkar (Senior Editorial Coordinator)
Rishaad Saam Mehta, Shreenand Sadhale
- Kiran Jadhav (Senior Art Director),
- Krupa Shitole (Deputy Art Director),
- Laxman V. Sarmalkar (Senior Graphic Designer),
- Rajeev Gaikwad (Photographer),
Himanshu Pandya, Parag Parelkar, Shashank MB, Somdutta Nhawkar
- "BBC magazines being sold in India by child labourers earning 12p a day". The Daily Telegraph. 24 August 2008. Retrieved 23 March 2010.