Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums
This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums is a chart published by Billboard magazine that ranks R&B and hip hop albums based on sales in the United States and is compiled by Nielsen SoundScan. The name of the chart was changed from Top R&B Albums in 1999. The chart debuted in the magazine as Hot R&B LPs in 1965, and were also called Top Black Albums; from 1969-1978 they were identified as Soul charts. The US Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums tracks the albums of quiet storm, urban contemporary, soul music, R&B, new jack swing, hip hop, and sometimes house music artists.
Most weeks in top ten
|Whitney Houston||Whitney Houston|||
|63||The E.N.D.||The Black Eyed Peas|||
|59||The Heist||Macklemore and Ryan Lewis|||
|Can’t Slow Down||Lionel Richie|||
|54||24K Magic||Bruno Mars|||
Most weeks on chart
|179||2014 Forest Hills Drive||J. Cole|||
|175||Curtain Call: The Hits||Eminem|||
|146||good kid, m.A.A.d city||Kendrick Lamar|||
|145||Beauty Behind The Madness||The Weeknd|||
|140||The Eminem Show||Eminem|||
|140||Enter The Wu-Tang (36 Chambers)||Wu-Tang Clan|||
- Anderson, Trevor (27 April 2018). "Post Malone's 'Stoney' Ties 'Whitney Houston' For Second-Most Weeks in Top 10 on Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Chart". billboard.com. Billboard Music. Retrieved 27 April 2018.
- Anderson, Trevor (15 March 2019). "Drake's 'Take Care' Breaks Record for Most Weeks on Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Chart". Billboard Magazine. Billboard. Retrieved 18 March 2019.
- "Eminem Curtain Call: The Hits Top R&B/Hip-Hop Albums Chart History". billboard.com. Retrieved 10 May 2019.
- Whitburn, Joel (2000). Top R&B Albums: 1965-1998. Record Research. ISBN 978-0-89820-134-5
- "Billboard R&B Charts Get Updated Names". Billboard. December 11, 1999.
|This article about a music genre is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|