Chicken flavor packages of Top Ramen
|Produced by||Nissin Foods|
Nissin established the brand Top Ramen in 1970. Ando desired to enter the US markets, but discovered that most people in the US did not have ramen sized bowls leading him to later develop the Cup Noodles brand. In 1972, Top Ramen was introduced to the United States after Ando saw growth potential of ramen products in US markets. Top Ramen became a major corporate force in the international noodle market which was dominated by Maggi.
It is currently a top selling instant noodle brand.
- George Solt (22 February 2014). The Untold History of Ramen: How Political Crisis in Japan Spawned a Global Food Craze. University of California Press. pp. 163–. ISBN 978-0-520-95837-1.
- Lienesch, Hans (2012-04-13). "Everything You Wanted to Know About Top Ramen and Cup Noodles". Serious Eats. Retrieved 8 December 2018.
- Rajat K. Baisya (30 April 2013). Branding in a Competitive Marketplace. SAGE Publications. pp. 27–. ISBN 978-81-321-1631-8.
- Kryza, Andy (2014-01-16). "Which instant ramen is the best?". Thrillist. Retrieved 8 December 2018.
- Jessica Harlan (31 August 2011). Ramen to the Rescue Cookbook: 120 Creative Recipes for Easy Meals Using Everyone's Favorite Pack of Noodles. Ulysses Press. pp. 14–. ISBN 978-1-61243-004-1.