Top Spin 4
|Top Spin 4|
Top Spin 4 is a tennis video game developed by 2K Czech and published by 2K Sports released on the PlayStation 3, Wii, and Xbox 360 consoles. The game features licensed professional players, venues and equipment with professional players like Roger Federer, Rafael Nadal, Novak Djokovic, Andy Murray, Pete Sampras and Andre Agassi. The game was released on March 15, 2011 in America, and was released on March 18 in UK/Europe. A downloadable demo was released on March 1 for the PS3 and Xbox 360. The PS3 version supports the PlayStation Move and is also compatible in 3D. The Xbox 360 version does not support the Kinect but is 3D compatible.
Below is the list of all the 39 courts that are featured in the game, of which 7 are licensed.
- Australian Open - Melbourne - Hard
- Roland Garros - Paris - Clay
- US Open - New York - Hard
- Dublin Stadium (Replacement for Wimbledon Championships) - Dublin - Grass
- BNP Paribas Open - Indian Wells - Hard
- Sony Ericsson Open - Miami - Hard
- BNP Paribas Masters - Paris - Carpet
- Madrid Sports Arena (Madrid Open) - Madrid - Clay
- Stadio San Alessandro (Internazionali D'Italia) - Rome - Clay
- Court Principal (Monte Carlo Masters) - Montecarlo - Clay
- Shanghai Palace (Shanghai Masters) - Shanghai - Hard
- Canada Tennis Center (Canada Masters) - Toronto - Hard
- Cincinnati Tennis Center (Cincinnati Open) - Cincinnati - Hard
- Casablanca Stadium (Grand Prix Hassan II) - Casablanca - Clay
- Barcelona Stadium (Barcelona Open BancSabadell) - Barcelona - Clay
- Buenos Aires Tennis Center (Argentina Open) - Buenos Aires - Clay
- London Tennis Club (Aegon Championships) - London - Grass
- Boston Bay Tennis Center (Boston Open) - Boston - Grass
- Hamburg Stadthalle (International German Open) - Hamburg - Hard
- Moscow Tennis Arena (Kremlin Cup) - Moscow - Hard
- Texas Arena (Dallas Open) Dallas - Hard
- Seoul Colosseum (Kia Korea Open) - Seoul - Hard
- Amsterdam Tennis Park (ABN AMRO World Tennis Tournament) - Amsterdam - Hard
- Westside Drive (U.S. Men's Clay Court Championships) - Houston - Clay
- Auckland Stadium (ASB Classic) - Auckland - Grass
- American Tennis Garden (Pacific Coast Championships) - San Francisco - Grass
- Thorsten Brom (BMW Open) - Munich - Grass
- Vienna Tennis Center (Erste Bank Open) - Vienna - Hard
- Stavgaard Tennis Hall (SkiStar Swedish Open) - Stavgaard - Hard
- Abhijava Stadium (Delhi Open) - New Delhi - Hard
- Estadio do Sol (Estoril Open) - Estoril - Hard
- Grande Estadio de Chile (Chile Open) - Santiago - Carpet
- The Bauhinia (Hong Kong Open) - Hong Kong - Carpet
- Kiev Indoor Arena (Kiev Open) - Kiev - Carpet
- Teranga Tennis Court - Dakar - Clay
- Silvjie Krleza - Omis - Hard
- Bermuda Stadium - Hamilton - Hard
- Atlanta's Doves - Atlanta - Hard
- Dubai Sports Complex - Dubai - Hard
The game's soundtrack featured licensed songs from various artists.
|Ben Taimi||"Ticking of Your Bicycle"|
|Christian Larsen Music||"Breakwall"|
|Daft Punk||"Da Funk"|
|Gamble and Burke||"Isolated (With You)"|
|LCD Soundsystem||"North American Scum"|
|Light Alive||"Trust Revenge"|
|OK Go||"This Too Shall Pass"|
|PURPL PoP||"It's Your Town"|
|Richard Boal/Robin Barter||"TPL Music"|
|Richard Parks/Joel Doran||"Free Air"|
|Tigers That Talked||"Black Heart, Blue Eyes"|
Reviews for the Xbox 360 and PS3 versions of Top Spin 4 have been positive, including a 9/10 and an Editor's Choice award from GameSpot, and an 8.5/10 from IGN, as well as a positive 84 on Metacritic. GameZone gave the game an 8/10, stating "Top Spin 4 offers tennis lovers plenty all on its own, and it presents itself in beautiful form. Its great depth of gameplay, packaged in an approachable and fun format, elevates it to the upper echelon of tennis titles. Buy the game, not the 3D spectacle."
The game was also gained an Award in a Booom Competition for being the best Czech video game of the year.
Reviews for the Wii version have been lackluster, highlighted by a 4/10 from GameSpot and a 56 on Metacritic.
The game has also been criticized for inaccurate player specific animations despite heavily advertising "2K's award winning Signature Style".
- "Strategy Informer Previews Top Spin 4". Retrieved 2011-01-20.
- GiantBomb overview about the game.
- Kristan Reed (2011-03-17). "Top Spin 4 review". Eurogamer.net. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- Matt Helgeson (2011-03-15). "Top Spin 4 Perfects The Fundamentals And Delivers A Compelling Career Mode". Game Informer. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- Mark Walton (2011-03-23). "Top Spin 4 review". Gamespot. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- Sam Bishop (2011-04-07). "Top Spin 4 review". Gamesradar. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- Joe Utichi (2011-03-31). "Top Spin 4 review". IGN. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- Matt Lees (2011-04-03). "Top Spin 4 review". Official Xbox Magazine. Retrieved 2014-09-21.
- "Booom 2011: nej PC hrou je podle novinářů Zaklínač 2".