List of top international association football goal scorers by country
This page lists the top all-time male goal scorer for each national football team where the top scorer has a minimum 20 goals in official international matches for his country. Players who are currently active at international level are indicated in bold type.
This list is not an all-time top international goal scorers list, as some country's second top scorer could have scored more than another country's top scorer. It only lists the top scorer for each country.
This list is for Men's association football only.
List of players
|This section does not cite any references or sources. (August 2015)|
- As of 8 September 2015
- Players in bold are still active at international level.
- Players in italics also hold the record for most caps for their nation.
- Number is a count of nations. As of 8 September 2015, five nations (Belgium, Bulgaria, Denmark, Romania, and Scotland) have a pair of players tied for national leader. These are counted as one nation each.
- Statistics for the top scorers of Malawi (Kinnah Phiri – 67 goals, 110 caps), Malaysia (Mokhtar Dahari – 125 goals, 167 caps), Morocco (Ahmed Faras – 42 goals), Qatar (Mansoor Muftah – 53 goals), have not been verified and therefore are not included in the list.
- Peter Kanjere (2014-02-16). "Young most capped, Kinnah all-time top scorer". Malawi Nation. Retrieved 2014-06-11.
- "The late Mokhtar Dahari". Olympic Council of Malaysia. Retrieved 2012-06-20.
- "Portrait Ahmed Faras - Ancien Capitaine de l'équipe national du Maroc". Le Soir (in French) (Belgium). 18 February 2010. Retrieved June 2012.
- منصور مفتاح (in Arabic). Rayyan Club. Retrieved 2012-06-20.