Topaz (May, 2012)
|Owner:||Mansour bin Zayed Al Nahyan|
|Port of registry:||Hamilton, Bermuda|
|Cost:||€400 million (approx. $527 million.)|
|Length:||147 m (482 ft)|
|Beam:||21.50 m (70.5 ft)|
|Draft:||5.50 m (18.0 ft)|
M/Y A+, formerly known as Topaz, is a luxury motor yacht constructed by Lürssen in Bremen, Germany. The yacht's interior was designed by Terence Disdale Design and the exterior designed by Tim Heywood. The boat was launched in May 2012. Topaz ties with Prince Abdulazizis for the title of world's fifth largest private yacht, both holding a length of 147 metres (482 ft). The vessel beats the world's sixth largest private yacht, El Horria, in length by 1.28 metres (4 ft 2 in).
The 147 metres (482 ft) long ship has a beam of 21.50 m (70.5 ft) and has a gross tonnage of 11,589. The yacht's cost has been estimated at €400 million (approx. $527 million.) A+ was built in the same German shipyard as the Azzam, the world's largest private yacht.
The vessel features a steel displacement hull, an aluminium superstructure and consists of eight decks. This yacht was originally being built in a 169 m (554 ft) dry dock but to complete the project, the yacht had to be taken to a 220 m (720 ft) dock to be built alongside. A+ is also the world’s sixth largest luxury yacht, launched in 2012.
The main engines are twin Pielstick diesel engines, each with power of 7990 hp. This is enough power for the yacht to reach a service speed of 22.9 knots, while the maximum speed is over 25.5 knots. The yacht is also equipped with two diesel generators and an emergency diesel generator. These aggregates provide power to the stabilisers, navigation equipment and all the facilities on board.
A+ is equipped with zero-speed stabilisers, jacuzzi (on deck), double helicopter landing pads, swimming pool, tender garage, swimming platform, air conditioning, underwater lights. There's also a fitness hall, cinema and a large conference room.
- Mohammed bin Salman vs Sheikh Mansour: As Saudi Prince is linked with Man Utd, how does he compare to Man City owner?
- "Lurssen delivers the 147m luxury yacht TOPAZ". Charter World. August 16, 2012. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Fleet update: 147m Lürssen yacht Topaz renamed A+". www.superyachttimes.com. Retrieved 2019-05-23.
- "Superyacht Topaz Launched by Lürssen Yachts". New Launches. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Topaz". Yacht details. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Largest Yachts of 2012 Forecast". Super Yachts. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Goodenough, Tom (27 June 2012). "Topaz, the £400million superyacht dreamed up by landlocked British designer, leaves German dock to rule the waves". London: Daily Mail. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "World's Largest Motor Yacht Project Azzam by Lurssen". Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- Joseph O'Dell; Morgan Giordano; Paul Toscano (30 July 2012). "The World's Largest Yachts 2012". Yahoo Canada Finance. Archived from the original on 8 August 2012. Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "The World's Largest Yachts—2012". Retrieved 27 December 2012.
- "Sea trials for 147m Lurssen megayacht TOPAZ". Charter World. June 27, 2012. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Newly delivered 147m Lurssen megayacht TOPAZ visits the Mediterranean". Charter World. August 24, 2012. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "147 Metre superyacht Topaz delivered". SuperYacht Times. 15 August 2012. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "147 Metre superyacht Topaz arrives in the Mediterranean". SuperYacht Times. 23 August 2012. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "World Exclusive: 147m superyacht Topaz launched". SuperYacht Times. 16 May 2012. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- Janssen, Maarten (19 December 2012). "SYT Top 5: The best read superyacht launch articles in 2012". SuperYacht Times. Retrieved 26 December 2012.
- "Topaz motor yacht". MarNews. 22 November 2013. Retrieved 24 November 2013.
- Media related to Topaz (ship, 2012) at Wikimedia Commons