|Elevation||304 m (997 ft)|
|• Official||Hindi, Santali|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Giridih|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Tundi|
Topchanchi is located at  It has an average elevation of 304 metres (997 feet)..
At Topchanchi a stream has been dammed by Jharia water Board at Rajdhato to form a big reservoir from where water is supplied to Dhanbad and its suburbs. This reservoir is famous as Topchanchi lake attracting thousands of tourists around the year. The Topchanchi Water Reservoir spreads over an area of 214 Ac. The Topchanchi Wildlife Sanctuary covers a sprawling plot that measures approximately 8.75 square kilometers. Although the Topchanchi Wildlife Sanctuary is not that spacious yet it manages to preserve the innocuous essence of the wild beasts that reside in it. Grand truck road passes through the middle of topchanchi. You can catch a glimpse of the Parasnath hill from Topchanchi.
As of 2001[update] India census, Topchanchi had a population of 5,397. Males constitute 53% of the population and females 47%. Topchanchi has an average literacy rate of 57%, lower than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 69%, and female literacy is 43%. In Topchanchi, 15% of the population is under 6 years of age.
As per 2011 census the total number of literates in Topchanchi was 4,095 out of which 2,353 were males and 1,742 were females.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Topchanchi
- "Name and Situatioj" (PDF). Jharkhand Forest Division. Retrieved 2010-06-06.
- "Places of tourist interest in Dhanbad district". District Administration. Retrieved 2010-04-17.
- "2011 Census C.D. Block Wise Primary Census Abstract Data(PCA)". Jharkhand – District-wise CD Blocks. Registrar General and Census Commissioner, India. Retrieved 21 December 2015.
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.
|This article related to a location in Jharkhand is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|