||This article needs additional citations for verification. (April 2016)
Topcraft (トップクラフト, also written "Top Craft") was a Japanese anime studio established in 1971 by former Toei Animation producer Toru Hara. It was famous for doing animation for hand-drawn animation titles by Rankin/Bass and for the production of Nausicaä of the Valley of the Wind and Macross: Do You Remember Love?. The studio went bankrupt and dissolved in June 15, 1986 essentially splitting the studio in half, Hayao Miyazaki, Toshio Suzuki and Isao Takahata bought the studio when laying off most of its animation staff and changed its name to Studio Ghibli. . Topcraft's animators later formed another studio called Pacific Animation Corporation to continue to work with Rankin/Bass on shows like ThunderCats and Silverhawks but eventually joined Ghibli once the studio was bought out by Disney and became Walt Disney Animation Japan. Some animators like Tsuguyuki Kubo went to work for other anime studios such as Studio Pierrot working on Naruto and Bleach for them, in the end the buy out of Topcraft made the studio into the birth of Studio Ghibli. Topcraft's founder Toru Hara became Studio Ghibli's first manager.
- with Eiken
- with Tatsunoko
- Mazinger Z (1972-1974) (Production Studio: Toei Animation) Top Craft was the main animation studio for episodes 55, 60, 64, 70, 76, 82, 84, 87 and 89.
- Gatchaman (1972-1974) (Production Studio: Tatsunoko)
- Maya the Bee (1975-1976) (Production Studio: Nippon Animation)
- Lupin III: Part II (1977-1980) (Production Studio: TMS Entertainment) Top Craft was the main animation studio for episodes 24, 29, 109, 114, 119, 122, 124 and 128.
- Jarinko Chie (1981-1983) (Production Studio: TMS Entertainment) (eps 42, 45, 49 and 51)
- Kojika Mongatari (1983-1985) (Production Studio: MK Company) (eps 11, 12, 14, 22, 23, 27, 29 and 32)
- Lensman (1984) (Production Studio: Madhouse Studios and MK Company) was one of the Animation Cooperations and Photography Studios.
- Macross: Do You Remember Love? (1984) (Production Studio: Artland, Studio Nue and Tatsunoko) Production Cooperation and also did the In-Between Animation, the Finishing/Cleaning-up and the Photography.
- Magical Fairy Persia (1984-1985) (Production Studio: Studio Pierrot) Key Animation
- Sherlock Hound (1984-1985) (Production Studio: TMS Entertainment) (ep 24 only)
- Galactic Patrol Lensman (1984-1985) (Production Studio: Madhouse Studios and Office Academy) was one of the animation cooperation studios.
- Saber Rider and the Star Sheriffs (1984-1985) (Production Studio: Studio Pierrot) (eps 27 and 29 only)
- Sangokushi (1985) (Production Studio: Shin-Ei Animation) was one of the production cooperation studios.
(with other Studios)