|Alma mater||University of Sussex|
|Occupation||Film director, theatre director, screenwriter, commentator, actor|
Topher Campbell is a British director of film, television and theatre. He is also a writer and social commentator and part-time actor. He is a former artistic director of The Red Room Theatre Company and past chair of the Independent Theatre Council UK. He is a recipient of the 2005 Jerwood Directors Award and is a and a co-founder of rukus! Federation Ltd.
In 2000, alongside artist/photographer Ajamu X, he set up rukus! Federation Ltd. A company dedicated to presenting the best in work by Black Lesbian, Gay, and Bisexual, Transgender (BLGBT) artists, rukus! projects include the play Mangina Monologues and the UK's first and only BLGBT Archive now housed at the London Metropolitan Archive. In 2008 rukus! received the Archive Landmark Award by the London Metropolitan Archives.
This section does not cite any sources. (September 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
- Blood Knot (Derby Playhouse) (1990)
- Woza Albert (1991)
- Necklaces (Talawa Theatre Company) (1992)
- Flamingo Theatre London (1992)
- Moor Masterpieces (West Yorkshire Playhouse) (1996)
- Wicked Games – (West Yorkshire Playhouse) (1996)
- Good Copy – (West Yorkshire Playhouse) (1996)
- Jar the Floor – (West Yorkshire Playhouse) (1997)
- Pantheaon of the Gods – (Young Vic Theatre) (2001)
- Dead Funny – (Nottingham Playhouse) (2001)
- Unstated (2008)
- Oikos (2010)
- Protozoa (2010)
- The Homecoming: A Short Film About Ajamu (1996)
- A Mulatto Song
- Don't Call Me Battyman
- In this Our Lives The Reunion
- Invisible (2012) – Channel 4
- For Coloured Boys
- Black and Gay in the UK
- On Freedom: Powerful Polemics by Supporters of Belarus Free Theatre
- Brothas 2.0 part or Outlaws to Inlaws (Kings Head Theatre London)
As Executive Producer
- Oikos, a Journey in Wood (2010)
- Jerwood Directors Award (2005)
- London Metropolitan Archove Award (2008)
- Small Projects Award (2010)
- Nominated for the Urban Intervention Award 2010
- Nomination for the AKA Theatre Event of the Year Award
- Nancy, Groves (9 April 2013). "Arts head: Topher Campbell, chair, Independent Theatre Council". The Guardian.
- "Scrap artistic directors, urges Red Room boss" The Stage. Retrieved 2016-11-16.
- "Jerwood Directors Award". 2005 Jerwood Directors Award.
- "Topher Campbell Profile". London: The Guardian. 6 November 2009. Retrieved 24 March 2012.
- "City of London Landmark Award Archive". Archive Landmark Award.
- Austin, Jeremy (19 July 2005). "Young directors benefit from Jerwood Award". The Stage.
- "Köbberling & Kaltwasser wins AJ Small Projects award".
- "Urban Intervention Award Berlin 2010 – "Understanding a Different City"".
- Staff, Editorial. "Whatsonstage.com Awards Nominees Announced".