Outline of public affairs
(Redirected from Topic outline of public affairs)
The following outline is provided as an overview of and topical guide to public affairs:
Essence of public affairs
- Public – in public relations and communication science, the contexts of "public" are:
- Publics – groups of individuals
- The public (a.k.a."the general public") – the totality of such groups.
- Affairs – professional, personal, or public business matters.
Branches of public affairs
- Public policy – principled guide to action taken by the administrative or executive branches of the state with regard to a class of issues in a manner consistent with law and institutional customs. Public policy is commonly embodied "in constitutions, legislative acts, and judicial decisions." 
- Public administration – implementation of government policy and an academic discipline that studies this implementation and that prepares civil servants for this work.
General public affairs concepts
- State (polity), Sovereign state, government
- Regulation, Deregulation
- Public policy degrees
- About the industry
- Public Affairs Links, an independent overview of the industry in the US and Europe
- The Museum of Public Relations, a look at some of the industry's historical figures
- Using market research for Public Relations, white paper from ICR
- A History of Public Relations, from The Institute for Public Relations
- Industry publications
- PR Week , a PR trade weekly with both a US and UK edition
- O'Dwyer's PR Daily, another trade publication, occasionally featuring critical essays and investigative journalism about the industry
- PR News, online and offline publication that also issues PR awards, webinars and guidebooks
- Industry associations and institutes
- The Canadian Public Relations Society, Inc., The CPRS works to advance the professional stature of public relations and regulates its practice for the benefit and protection of the public interest.
- Chartered Institute of Public Relations, the UK’s leading public relations industry professional body and the largest public relations institute in Europe
- Council of Public Relations Firms U.S. trade association for public relations firms
- The Global Alliance, an international peak organisation with a mission to enhance the public relations profession and its practitioners throughout the world.
- The Institute for Public Relations is focused on the science beneath the art of public relations
- International Association of Business Communicators, an international association of 15,000 communicators, with many members from the PR profession
- League of American Communications Professionals recognizes and promotes best practices within the communications industry. Resources include a free monthly newsletter; templates and how-to guides available to members; evaluation services; and competitions highlighting the best communications materials and campaigns within the industry.
- Public Relations Institute of Australia, Institute for the public relations profession in Australia.
- Public Relations Institute of New Zealand Institute for the public relations profession in New Zealand, advancing learning, promoting professional development and working towards a greater understanding of public relations in the wider community.
- Public Relations Society of America, a professional association of public relations practitioners
- Public Relations Society of India, a professional body of public relations practitioners in India
- Watchdogs and critics
- SourceWatch Provides background on PR agencies and practitioners.
- PR Watch, critiques PR campaigns
- Spinwatch, a page which monitors public relations and propaganda
- CorporateWatch, a critical overview of the public relations and lobbying industry
- Annenberg Political Fact Check, a nonpartisan, nonprofit consumer advocate which monitors the factual accuracy of statements by political players