Toponymie générale de la France
|This article does not cite any sources. (March 2007) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
) Toponymie générale de la France (General Toponymy of France, TGF for short), subtitled Étymologie de 35.000 noms de lieux (Etymology of 35,000 place names), is a book in four volumes about the origins of place names throughout France. It was published by Ernest Nègre at Librarie Droz in Geneva, Switzerland.
The work is divided as follows:
- Volume I (1990), pages 1–704** Introduction (§§ 001–011)
- Part I: Pre-Celtic names (§§ 1001–1773)
- Part II: Celtic names (§§ 2000–4100)
- Part III: Eastern contributions (§§ 4501–4528)
- Part IV: Latin or Roman names (§§ 5001–11862)
- Volume II (1991), pages 714–1381
- Part V: Non-Roman names (§§ 12001–19261)
- Part VI (beginning): Dialectal names (§§ 20001–25617)
- Volume III (1998), pages 1400–1852
- Part VI (continued): Dialectal names (§§ 25618–30449)
- Part VII: French names (§§ 31000–31150)
- Errata and addenda (1998). Pages 1856–1871; no new paragraphs.