Topvar Breweries (Slovak: Pivovary Topvar, a. s.) is a beer brewing company in Slovakia. The company was created by the fusion of the Saris and Topvar breweries on 1 January 2007, after both were purchased by global brewing giant SABMiller in 2006.
Topvar had been owned by South African Breweries, which became SABMiller, since 2006. As part of the agreements made with regulators before Anheuser-Busch InBev was allowed to acquire SABMiller in October 2016, Topvar was sold to Asahi Breweries of Japan on December 13, 2016; the deal is expected to close during the first half of 2017.
- 10% Light
- 11% Dark
- 11% keg-beer
- 12% Light
- "Asahi Group to buy InBev beer brands for $7.8bn". Financier Worldwide. Financier Worldwide. February 2017. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- "Anheuser-Busch InBev to Sell Former SABMiller's Central and Eastern European Business to Asahi". Bloomberg News. Bloomberg. 21 December 2016. Retrieved 1 February 2017.
- Asahi Forks Over $7.8 Billion for 5 of AB InBev’s Beer Brands], Fortune, url=http://fortune.com/2016/12/13/asahi-ab-inbev-beer-deal/, 2016-12-13, Asahi Forks Over $7.8 Billion for 5 of AB InBev’s Beer Brands], Fortune, access date=February 3, 2017
- Wells, Peter (December 13, 2016). "Asahi buys SABMiller's eastern European brands". FT. The Financial Times Ltd. Retrieved February 3, 2017.
A figure of more than €5bn ($5.32) for SABMiller’s eastern European brands had been floating around in recent weeks as a likely price tag.
- Official website of Topvar Brewery (in Slovak only)
|This beer or brewery-related article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|