Tor Carding Forum
Type of site
The Tor Carding Forum (TCF) was a Tor-based forum specializing in the trade of stolen credit card details, identity theft and currency counterfeiting. The site was founded by an individual known as 'Verto' who also founded the now defunct Evolution darknet market.
A 2013 investigation into counterfeit banknotes in Pittsburgh led to a source of Ugandan fakes being identified as having been purchased via the Tor Carding Forums. By December 2014 Ryan Andrew Gustafson a.k.a. "Jack Farrel" and "Willy Clock", a US citizen living in Uganda was arrested for large scale sale of counterfeit United States currency by the U.S. Secret Service which was being sold through the Tor Carding Forums as well as other crime forums.
- Wired Staff (1 January 2015). "The Most Dangerous People on the Internet Right Now". Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- Kiell (11 December 2014). "A Carder's First Experience". Archived from the original on 18 April 2015. Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- Greenberg, Andy (18 September 2014). "The Dark Web Gets Darker With Rise of the 'Evolution' Drug Market". Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- Rohrlich, Justin (27 January 2015). "The Counterfeiting Missionary and the Fake Pittsburgh Playboy". Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- Krebs, Brian (December 2014). "Alleged Counterfeiter "Willy Clock" Arrested". Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- Farivar, Cyrus (19 December 2014). "After Silk Road takedowns, Dark Web drug sites still thriving". Retrieved 1 August 2015.
- DeepDotWeb (10 May 2014). "Evolution Marketplace Staff Speak: We are growing fast!". Archived from the original on 8 October 2015. Retrieved 16 August 2015.
- Cox, Joseph (22 June 2015). "This Researcher Is Hunting Down IP Addresses of Dark Web Sites". Retrieved 31 July 2015.
- Guthrie Weissman, Cale (23 June 2015). "The dark web is growing but people have already figured out how to track down its most hidden websites". Retrieved 8 December 2015.