Yggeseth won the ski jumping competition at the Holmenkollen ski festival in 1963, the same year he earned the Holmenkollen medal (shared with Alevtina Kolchina, Pavel Kolchin, and Astrid Sandvik). He also had two career victories. Competing in two Winter Olympics, he earned his best finish of fifth in the individual large hill event at Squaw Valley in 1960. After retiring from active ski jumping, Yggeseth had been involved in administrative roles inside the FIS, including serving on its technical committee for ski jumping as chair from 1982 to 2004.
Yggeseth died of cancer.
- ABCnyheter 10 January 2010 announcement of Yggseth's death. - accessed 10 January 2010.
- Torbjørn Yggeseth at the International Ski Federation
- "Passing of Torbjørn Yggseth". (13 January 2010 FIS article accessed 13 January 2010.)
- Holmenkollen medalists - click Holmenkollmedaljen for downloadable pdf file (Norwegian)
- Holmenkollen winners since 1892 - click Vinnere for downloadable pdf file (Norwegian)
|This biographical article relating to Norwegian ski jumping is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|