From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
|Look up torch or torches in Wiktionary, the free dictionary.|
A torch is a portable burning light source.
Torch or torches may also refer to:
- Torch (band), a Norwegian rock metal band
- Torch (American rapper), an American rapper
- Torch (rapper), a German rapper
- "The Torch" (Elgar), a song by the English composer Edward Elgar
- Torch (song), a 1982 song by British pop duo Soft Cell
- Torch (Carly Simon album), a 1981 album by Carly Simon
- Torch (Honeytribe album), a 2006 album by Devon Allman's Honeytribe
- "Torch", the ending song for the anime Clannad
- Warren DeMartini, nicknamed "Torch", guitarist for American hard rock band Ratt
- Sidney Torch, British composer and bandleader
- Torches (album), the debut album by Foster the People
- Torch songs, a variety of jazz vocals sung mostly by female performers
- The Torch (XM), a channel on XM Radio
- The Torch, St. John's University, the student newspaper of St. John's University
- The Torch (film), a 1950 film directed by Emilio Fernández
- Human Torch, the Fantastic Four comic book character
- The Torch (novel), a 1948 science fiction novel by Jack Bechdolt
- Torch, a 2007 novel by American author Cheryl Strayed
- Torch, a human replacement entity utilized in the world of Shakugan no Shana novels
- Torch (G.I. Joe), a character in the G.I. Joe universe
- "Torches", an episode of the television series Teletubbies
- BlackBerry Torch, a smartphone
- Torch Computers, former manufacturer of computer peripherals for the BBC Micro
- Torch (browser), a freeware web browser and Internet Suite developed by Torch Media
- Torch (machine learning), a library of machine learning algorithms
- TORCH, a Tor hidden search engine
- Colloquially, to commit the crime of arson
- Torch, Missouri, a community in the United States
- Torch, Ohio, a community in the United States
- Operation Torch, the Anglo-American invasion of French North Africa in World War II during the North African Campaign
- Robert Torricelli, a U.S. Senator from New Jersey nicknamed "the Torch"
- The Marina Torch, a residential skyscraper in Dubai
- TORCH report, a report on the Chernobyl disaster
- TORCH complex (aka TORCHES), a medical acronym for maternal infections transmitted to the fetus. TORCH — toxoplasmosis; litera o ″Other″ include some diseases —- hepatitis B, syphilis, HIV, сhickenpox, chlamydia infection, coxsackievirus, parvovirus B19, Zika fever; rubella; cytomegalovirus; herpes simplex virus. Danger TORCH-complex that in primary infection during pregnancy may cause intrauterine infection of the fetus with the defect of organs and systems, increasing the risk of miscarriage, stillbirth, birth defects and malformations.
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Torch.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.