Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs
|Intercommunality||CA Paris - Vallée de la Marne|
|• Mayor (2014–2020)||Guillaume Le Lay-Felzine|
|6.00 km2 (2.32 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,900/km2 (10,000/sq mi)|
|Time zone||UTC+01:00 (CET)|
|• Summer (DST)||UTC+02:00 (CEST)|
|Elevation||37–106 m (121–348 ft)|
|1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km2 (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.|
Torcy (French pronunciation: [tɔʁsi]) is a commune in the Seine-et-Marne department in the Île-de-France region in north-central France. It is located in the eastern suburbs of Paris, 21.8 km (13.5 mi) from the center of Paris.
Torcy is a sub-prefecture of the department and the seat of an arrondissement.
Inhabitants of Torcy are called Torcéens.
The suburbanization and affluence of the Vietnamese population in France has resulted in a demographic shift in Torcy since the 1980s. Vietnamese businesses and community organizations have been established in Torcy, and the commune, along with nearby Ivry-sur-Seine, contains one of the highest concentrations of Vietnamese people in France at 10% to 20% of the population. As of 1998, about 5-6% of the city's population is made up of East Asians.
There are ten public primary school groups (preschool and elementary) in Torcy, along with three junior high schools and two senior high schools.
Junior high schools:
- Collège de l'Arche-Guédon
- Collège Louis-Aragon
- Collège Victor-Schoelcher
Senior high schools:
- "Populations légales 2016". INSEE. Retrieved 25 April 2019.
- La communauté asiatique met le cap à l'est Le Parisien, 16 November 2011 (in French)
- Guillon, Michelle. "The Chinese and Chinese Districts in Paris" (Chapter 11). In: Sinn, Elizabeth (editor). The Last Half Century of Chinese Overseas. Hong Kong University Press, 1 January 1998. ISBN 9622094465, 9789622094468. CITED: p. 198.
- "Établissements scolaires." Torcy, Seine-et-Marne. Retrieved on September 3, 2016. - Click the tabs to switch from primary schools to "collèges" (junior high schools) and "lycées" (senior high schools).
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Torcy, Seine-et-Marne.|
- Official site ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- 1999 Land Use, from IAURIF (Institute for Urban Planning and Development of the Paris-Île-de-France région) ‹See Tfd›(in English)
- French Ministry of Culture list for Torcy ‹See Tfd›(in French)
- Map of Torcy on Michelin ‹See Tfd›(in English)
|This article related to a Seine-et-Marne location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|