Location (in red) within Paris inner and outer suburbs
|• Mayor (2008–2014)||Christian Chapron|
|Area1||6.00 km2 (2.32 sq mi)|
|• Density||3,700/km2 (9,700/sq mi)|
|Time zone||CET (UTC+1)|
|• Summer (DST)||CEST (UTC+2)|
|INSEE/Postal code||77468 / 77200|
|Elevation||37–106 m (121–348 ft)|
1 French Land Register data, which excludes lakes, ponds, glaciers > 1 km² (0.386 sq mi or 247 acres) and river estuaries.2 Population without double counting: residents of multiple communes (e.g., students and military personnel) only counted once.
Torcy (French pronunciation: [tɔʁsi]) is a commune in the Seine-et-Marne department in the Île-de-France region in north-central France. It is located in the eastern suburbs of Paris, 21.8 km (13.5 mi) from the center of Paris.
Torcy is a sub-prefecture of the department and the seat of an arrondissement.
Inhabitants of Torcy are called Torcéens.
The suburbanization and affluence of the Vietnamese population in France has resulted in a demographic shift in Torcy since the 1980s. Vietnamese businesses and community organizations have been established in Torcy, and the commune, along with nearby Ivry-sur-Seine, contains one of the highest concentrations of Vietnamese people in France at 10% to 20% of the population. As of 1998, about 5-6% of the city's population is made up of East Asians.
- La communauté asiatique met le cap à l'est Le Parisien, 16 November 2011 (in French)
- Guillon, Michelle. "The Chinese and Chinese Districts in Paris" (Chapter 11). In: Sinn, Elizabeth (editor). The Last Half Century of Chinese Overseas. Hong Kong University Press, 1 January 1998. ISBN 9622094465, 9789622094468. CITED: p. 198.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Torcy, Seine-et-Marne.|
- Official site (French)
- 1999 Land Use, from IAURIF (Institute for Urban Planning and Development of the Paris-Île-de-France région) (English)
- French Ministry of Culture list for Torcy (French)
- Map of Torcy on Michelin (English)
|This article related to a Seine-et-Marne location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|