Toride Station west entrance, June 2010
(See other stations in Ibaraki)
Toride Station (取手駅 Toride-eki?) is a railway station on the Jōban Line in Toride, Ibaraki, Japan, operated by East Japan Railway Company (JR East). It is also shared by the private railway operator Kanto Railway.
Toride Station is served by the following lines.
|1/2||■ Jōban Line (Local)||for Abiko, Kita-Senju
Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line for Yoyogi-Uehara
|3/4||■ Jōban Line (Rapid)||for Kashiwa, Matsudo, and Ueno|
|5||■ Jōban Line (Rapid)||for Kashiwa, Matsudo, and Ueno|
|■ Jōban Line||for Tsuchiura, Mito, and Iwaki|
|6||■ Jōban Line||for Tsuchiura, Mito, and Iwaki|
|7/8||■ Jōsō Line||for Moriya, Mitsukaido, and Shimodate|
|Jōban Line (Rapid)|
(Rapid service between Toride and Ueno)
|Jōban Line (Local)|
(Tokyo Metro Chiyoda Line through service)
|Kantō Railway Jōsō Line|
The station opened on 25 December 1896.
2010 knife attack
A 27-year-old Japanese man was arrested after stabbing 14 people outside of the west entrance of Toride Station on the morning of 17 December 2010. The suspect was alleged to have boarded a bus where he stabbed mostly high school and middle school students, before being subdued. None of the victims was seriously injured.
- "JR East Toride Station information" (in Japanese). East Japan Railway Company. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "Japan knife attacker injures at least 13 people". BBC News. 2010-12-16. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- 取手駅前、登校バス乗りこみ切りつけ 容疑の２７歳逮捕 (in Japanese). Asahi Shimbun. 2010-12-17. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
- "14 hurt in Ibaraki Pref. knife attack". Yomiuri Shimbun. 2010-12-17. Retrieved 2010-12-17.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toride Station.|
- JR East station information (Japanese)