Keep of Kalessin
Machat St. Zsoltar
|Past members||Attila Szigeti|
Tormentor is a black metal band formed in 1986 in Budapest, Hungary. They recorded their first album, Anno Domini, in 1988, but were unable to release it until the end of communism. The album reached Norway through the tape-trading community. Following the suicide of Per Ohlin, Mayhem invited Attila Csihar from Tormentor to join the band; he was to perform the vocals on De Mysteriis Dom Sathanas. Tormentor split up in 1991. After a long break they reformed and released the more experimental Recipe Ferrum through Avantgarde Music in 2001, going on a long indefinite hiatus afterwards.
In 2017, Tormentor reunited after several years for to re-emerge on the stage for a highly publicized reunion show on April 21, 2018 in Budapest, followed by an appearance at the Brutal Assault in Josefov, Czech Republic and the Beyond the Gates festival in Bergen, Norway, with later performances at festivals in France and Canada to cap off the year.
The band reunited in the classic lineup from 1988 with Csihar on vocals, Tamás Buday and Attila Szigeti sharing guitar duties, György Farkas handling bass guitar and Machat St. Zsoltar on drums. The band's own recording imprint, Saturnus Productions has also reissued both the cult classic debut album Anno Domini and The Seventh Day of Doom demo on CD and vinyl.
- Attila Csihar – vocals, guitars
- Tamás Buday – guitars
- Attila Szigeti – guitars
- György Farkas – bass guitar
- Machat St. Zsoltar Motolla – drums
- Márton Dubecz – drums
- Mugambi Zolduns Bwana – lead guitar
- Zénó Galóca – bass guitar
- The Seventh Day of Doom (demo, 1987)
- Anno Domini (studio album, 1988, remastered 2005)
- Black and Speed Metál (split album, 1989)
- Live in Hell (live album, 1999)
- Live in Damnation (EP, 2000)
- The Sick Years (live album, 2000)
- Recipe Ferrum (studio album, 2001)
- Tormentor biography @ MusicMight Archived 2009-07-19 at the Wayback Machine
- "Tormentor @ Myspace". Retrieved June 3, 2010.
- Kovács, Marcell (May 17, 2007). ""Emberen túli" (Csihar Attila - Mayhem)" (interview in Hungarian). Magyar Narancs. Retrieved June 3, 2010.
- "Tormentor: Anno Domini 30, Cult of Fire (CZ), Perihelion - A38 Ship". A38 Hajó. Retrieved 2019-01-29.
- "Beyond the Gates". www.facebook.com. Retrieved 2019-01-29.
- "Tormentor - Encyclopaedia Metallum: The Metal Archives". www.metal-archives.com. Retrieved 2019-01-29.