Tornado (web server)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)
|Developer(s)||Ben Darnell, Facebook, Bret Taylor|
6.1.0 / 30 October 2020
|License||Apache licence 2.0|
Tornado is a scalable, non-blocking web server and web application framework written in Python. It was developed for use by FriendFeed; the company was acquired by Facebook in 2009 and Tornado was open-sourced soon after.
Tornado is noted for its high performance. Its design enables handling a large number of concurrent connections (i.e., tries to solve the "C10k problem").
- An asynchronous MongoDB driver called Motor.
- CouchDB drivers called corduroy and trombi.
- Asynchronous driver for PostgreSQL wrapping psycopg called Momoko
- "Release 6.1.0". 30 October 2020. Retrieved 17 November 2020.
- "Home - tornado - GitHub". GitHub. Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- "Facebook open-sources real-time FriendFeed facet". CNet. Retrieved 2009-09-10.