Tornado (web server)
|Developer(s)||Ben Darnell, Facebook, Bret Taylor|
5.0.0 / March 2018
|License||Apache licence 2.0|
Tornado is a scalable, non-blocking web server and web application framework written in Python. It was developed for use by FriendFeed; the company was acquired by Facebook in 2009 and Tornado was open-sourced soon after.
Tornado is noted for its high performance. It tries to solve the C10k problem affecting other servers.
- An asynchronous MongoDB driver called Motor.
- CouchDB drivers called corduroy and trombi.
- Asynchronous driver for PostgreSQL wrapping psycopg called Momoko
- "Release notes".
- "Home - tornado - GitHub". GitHub. Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- "Facebook open-sources real-time FriendFeed facet". CNet. Retrieved 2009-09-10.