Tornado (web server)
This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|Developer(s)||Ben Darnell, Facebook, Bret Taylor|
6.0.1 / March 3, 2019
|License||Apache licence 2.0|
Tornado is a scalable, non-blocking web server and web application framework written in Python. It was developed for use by FriendFeed; the company was acquired by Facebook in 2009 and Tornado was open-sourced soon after.
Tornado is noted for its high performance. It tries to solve the C10k problem affecting other servers.
- An asynchronous MongoDB driver called Motor.
- CouchDB drivers called corduroy and trombi.
- Asynchronous driver for PostgreSQL wrapping psycopg called Momoko
- "Release notes".
- "Home - tornado - GitHub". GitHub. Retrieved 2009-09-10.
- "Facebook open-sources real-time FriendFeed facet". CNet. Retrieved 2009-09-10.