|No. 23 – Saski Baskonia|
|Position||Small forward / Power forward|
October 5, 1991 |
|Listed height||6 ft 9 in (2.06 m)|
|Listed weight||240 lb (109 kg)|
|NBA draft||2012 / Round: 2 / Pick: 54th overall|
|Selected by the Philadelphia 76ers|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
From 2008 to 2010, Shengelia played for both Valencia BC and its junior team, Valencia BC Sunny Delight. In 2010, he signed with Spirou Charleroi of Belgium, who later loaned him to VOO Verviers-Pepinster for the 2010–11 season. In August 2011, it was announced that he would play for Spirou Charleroi in 2011–12.
Shengelia was selected with the 54th overall pick in the 2012 NBA draft by Philadelphia 76ers. He was later traded to the Brooklyn Nets on draft night. In July 2012, he joined the Nets for the 2012 NBA Summer League. In 5 games, he averaged 10.2 points and 3.6 rebounds per game.
On March 1, 2015, the basque derby with Bilbao Basket finished with a brawl where Dejan Todorović of Bilbao and he were disqualified and twelve players were ejected due to court invasion during the fight.
With four seconds left and Bilbao winning by a huge margin, despite the referee's call for a travelling, Todorović was going to dunk when Todorović was hit by him. After this, the Serbian player pushed him from behind and the Georgian forward reacted with a punch. After this, all the players who were in the bench came into the court and started the brawl. When Shengelia was leaving the court after the disqualifying foul, he apologized to a child who was in the first row of the arena.
The ACB announced this brawl would have severe consequences and sanctions and would talk with the Spanish Basketball Federation for changing the disciplinary regulations. On March 5, the league provisionally suspended Todorović and Shengelia until the final resolution of the case.
Both clubs claimed to have the same sanctions than in 2004, when the brawl Real Madrid and Estudiantes occurred. Finally, on March 11, the Disciplinary Judge accorded to suspend him for five games, Todorović for four and a €3,000 fine to Bilbao Basket player Dairis Bertāns and to Baskonia brothers Mamadou and Ilimane Diop.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The EuroLeague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season. He also played in domestic competition, and regional competition if applicable.
|2009–10||Pamesa Valencia B||21||29.5||.539||.290||.481||8.0||1.9||.9||1.0||15.7|
|2014–15||Laboral Kutxa Baskonia||31||20.3||.532||.362||.804||4.0||1.0||.5||.4||10.1|
- Tornike Shengelia returns to Spirou Charleroi
- 2012 Summer League Profile
- "Brooklyn Nets Sign Tornike Shengelia". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. July 24, 2012. Retrieved July 24, 2012.
- 2012-13 NBA Assignments
- 2013-14 NBA Assignments
- "BULLS ACQUIRE FORWARD TORNIKE SHENGELIA". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. January 21, 2014. Retrieved January 21, 2014.
- "BULLS WAIVE TORNIKE SHENGELIA". NBA.com. Turner Sports Interactive, Inc. April 14, 2014. Retrieved April 14, 2014.
- "Laboral Kutxa announces Tornike Shengelia". Sportando.com. June 21, 2014. Retrieved June 21, 2014.
- El acta del partido de la infamia; Marca, 2 March 2015 (Spanish)
- Spanish Basketball Brawl Ends With Player Apologizing to Small Child; The Big Lead, 2 March 2015
- La ACB pide remodelar el Reglamento Disciplinario tras la tangana en Bilbao; Deia, 2 March 2015 (Spanish)
- El Juez Disciplinario suspende cautelarmente a Dejan Todorovic y Shengelia; ACB.com, 5 March 2015
- Comunicado conjunto de Bilbao Basket y Saski Baskonia; ACB.com, 5 March 2015(Spanish)
- Resolución del Juez Disciplinario sobre incidentes Bilbao - Laboral Kutxa; ACB.com, 11 March 2015