Toro Rosso STR7
|Predecessor||Toro Rosso STR6|
|Successor||Toro Rosso STR8|
|Engine||Ferrari Type 056 (2011-spec) 2,398 cc (146 cu in) 90° V8, limited to 18,000 RPM with KERS naturally aspirated mid-mounted|
|Weight||640 kg (1,411 lb) (including driver)|
|Fuel||Shell V-Power[note 1]|
|Lubricants||Shell Helix[note 1]|
|Tyres||Pirelli P Zero (dry), Cinturato (wet)|
Advanti Wheels (front and rear): 13"
|Notable entrants||Scuderia Toro Rosso|
|Notable drivers||16. Daniel Ricciardo|
17. Jean-Éric Vergne
|Debut||2012 Australian Grand Prix|
The Toro Rosso STR7, initially referred to as the TR7, is a Formula One racing car designed by Scuderia Toro Rosso for use in the 2012 FIA Formula One World Championship. It was the seventh car run by the team, and the third car that they had developed since the introduction of rules in 2010 prohibiting teams from using a "customer chassis", or a design that had previously been used by another team. The car was driven by Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Éric Vergne, after the team elected not to renew the contracts of former drivers Sébastien Buemi and Jaime Alguersuari, and was launched on 7 February 2012 at the first winter test of the season at Jerez de la Frontera.
The car proved promising in the first 2 races as Ricciardo and Vergne scored points each in those races. However afterwards the car struggled for competitiveness as both drivers finished outside the points scoring positions. Upgrades were fitted onto their cars when they head for the Belgian GP. Since then, both drivers consistently scored points and the car showed improvements. They eventually finished the season in 9th place with 26 points with the best result of 8th place on 4 occasions where Vergne achieved all the points he had managed to get while finishing in that position .
Complete Formula One results
(key) (results in bold indicate pole position; results in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2012||Scuderia Toro Rosso||Ferrari Type 056||P||AUS||MAL||CHN||BHR||ESP||MON||CAN||EUR||GBR||GER||HUN||BEL||ITA||SIN||JPN||KOR||IND||ABU||USA||BRA||26||9th|
- "Toro Rosso confirms deals with Cepsa, Nova". motorsport.com. Motorsport Network. 6 September 2011. Retrieved 6 September 2011.
- Noble, Jonathan (25 January 2012). "Pirelli tweaks tyre markings for 2012 F1 season". Autosport. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 29 January 2012.
- "Ricciardo earns Toro Rosso ride". The Australian. News Limited. Agence France-Presse. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
- "Toro Rosso technical director Giorgio Ascanelli – Tech talk". Red Bull. 10 September 2011. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
- "2012 Toro Rosso to appear at first test". Formula1.com. Formula One Management. 20 January 2012. Retrieved 28 January 2012.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toro Rosso STR7.|