Toro Rosso STR8
|Designer(s)||James Key (Technical Director)|
|Predecessor||Toro Rosso STR7|
|Successor||Toro Rosso STR9|
|Chassis||Moulded carbon fibre composite monocoque incorporating front and side impact structures|
|Suspension (front)||Upper and lower carbon wishbones, torsion bar springs and anti roll bars, Pushrod suspension|
|Suspension (rear)||Upper and lower carbon wishbones, torsion bar springs and anti roll bars, Pullrod suspension|
|Engine||Ferrari Type 056 2,400 cc (2 L; 146 cu in) V8 (90°) naturally-aspirated, 18,000 RPM limited with KERS, mid-mounted|
|Transmission||Red Bull Technology 7-speed hydraulic semi-automatic paddle shift|
|Power||750 + 80 hp (559 + 60 kW) with KERS|
|Weight||642 kg (including driver and camera)|
|Tyres||Pirelli P Zero (dry), Cinturato (wet)|
|Notable entrants||Scuderia Toro Rosso|
|Notable drivers||18. Jean-Éric Vergne
19. Daniel Ricciardo
|Debut||2013 Australian Grand Prix|
The Toro Rosso STR8 (initially referred to as the Toro Rosso STR08) is a Formula One racing car designed and built by Scuderia Toro Rosso for use in the 2013 Formula One season. It was driven by Daniel Ricciardo and Jean-Éric Vergne, both of whom drove for the team in 2012. This is the last Toro Rosso car for the engine to be named as Ferrari that have powered the team since 2007, before they could used Renault engine for 2014 Formula One season. This was also the last Toro Rosso car to be used V8 engine, before replaced V6 engine for 2014.
Complete Formula One results
(key) (results in bold indicate pole position; results in italics indicate fastest lap)
|2013||Scuderia Toro Rosso||Ferrari Type 056||P||Jean-Éric Vergne||12||10||12||Ret||Ret||8||6||Ret||Ret||12||12||Ret||14||18†||12||13||17||16||15||33||8th|
† Driver failed to finish the race, but was classified as they had completed greater than 90% of the race distance.
- "Key replaces Ascanelli at Toro Rosso". Formula1.com (Formula One Administration). 6 September 2012. Retrieved 8 September 2012.
- Noble, Jonathan; Beer, Matt (11 December 2013). "F1 teams expert enough to avoid early tyre struggles – Ross Brawn". Autosport.com (Haymarket Publications). Retrieved 7 January 2013.
- Collantine, Keith (31 October 2012). "Toro Rosso resigns Ricciardo and Vergne for 2013". f1fanatic.co.uk.
- "2013 starts now". Red Bull. 25 November 2012. Retrieved 10 January 2013.
- Nugnes, Franco (29 December 2012). "Toro Rosso: niente doppio fondo e sospensione pull" [Toro Rosso: no double bottom and pull suspension]. Omnicorse.it (in Italian). Retrieved 29 December 2012.
- "Ricciardo earns Toro Rosso ride". The Australian (News Limited). Agence France-Presse. 15 December 2011. Retrieved 15 December 2011.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toro Rosso STR8.|