Toro Rosso STR9
|Designer(s)||James Key (Technical Director)|
|Predecessor||Toro Rosso STR8|
|Successor||Toro Rosso STR10|
|Chassis||Carbon fibre composite monocoque structure|
|Suspension (front)||Upper and lower carbon wishbones, pushrod, torsion bar springs, central damper and anti roll bars, Multimatic/Penske dampers|
|Suspension (rear)||Upper and lower carbon wishbones, pullrod, torsion bar springs, central damper and anti roll bars, Multimatic/Penske dampers|
|Engine||Renault Energy F1-2014 1.6 L (98 cu in) V6, turbo|
|Transmission||Red Bull Technology 8-speed gearbox sequential – hydraulically operated|
|Weight||691 kg (1,523.4 lb)|
|Tyres||Pirelli P Zero (dry), Cinturato (wet)|
|Notable entrants||Scuderia Toro Rosso|
25. Jean-Éric Vergne|
26. Daniil Kvyat
|Debut||2014 Australian Grand Prix|
The Toro Rosso STR9 is a Formula One racing car designed by Scuderia Toro Rosso to compete in the 2014 Formula One season. It was driven by Jean-Éric Vergne and 2013 GP3 Series champion Daniil Kvyat, who replaced Daniel Ricciardo after Ricciardo moved to Red Bull Racing. The STR9 was the first Toro Rosso car to use an engine built by Renault, the Energy F1-2014.
Complete Formula One results
|2014||Scuderia Toro Rosso||Renault Energy F1-2014||P||Jean-Éric Vergne||8||Ret||Ret||12||Ret||Ret||8||Ret||10||13||9||11||13||6||9||13||10||13||12||30||7th|
‡ — Teams and drivers scored double points at the Abu Dhabi Grand Prix.
- "Scuderia Toro Rosso STR9 - F1technical.net".
- "Toro Rosso confirms deals with Cepsa, Nova". motorsport.com. Motorsport Network. 6 September 2011. Retrieved 6 September 2011.
- "2014 Scuderia Toro Rosso Driver Line-Up". Scuderia Toro Rosso. Scuderia Toro Rosso SPA. 21 October 2013. Retrieved 21 October 2013.
- "The Shortest Month". scuderiatororosso.com. Scuderia Toro Rosso. 3 January 2014. Archived from the original on 4 January 2014. Retrieved 4 January 2014.
On the Scuderia Toro Rosso front, the first STR9 chassis is currently being assembled in the Faenza factory. New rules or not, the same procedures apply and over the Christmas period Jean-Eric Vergne and Russian rookie Daniil Kvyat turned up at the factory for the traditional seat fitting in the new chassis that will carry all our hopes in 2014.
- Straw, Edd (26 May 2013). "Toro Rosso seals Renault Formula 1 engine deal for 2014". Autosport.com. Haymarket Publications. Retrieved 26 May 2013.
- "Renault unveil 2014 turbo engine". Formula One World Championship Limited. 21 June 2013. Retrieved 20 October 2013.