Street scene, Toroslar, Mersin
|• Body||İlçe (district)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Toroslar is a municipality and district governorate in Greater Mersin, Turkey. Mersin is one of 30 metropolitan centers in Turkey with more than one municipality within city borders. Now in Mersin there are four second-level municipalities in addition of Greater Mersin (büyükşehir) municipality. The mayor of Toroslar is Hamit Tuna (member of MHP, elected in 2009)).
Toroslar composes the northern quarters of Mersin at about Akdeniz lies in the south. Müftü River and the sister municipality of Yenişehir lie in the south west. Southern slopes of Toros mountains lie in the north.. The sister municipality of
Yumuktepe, the ruins of one of the earliest human settlements in Anatolia is in Toroslar. Excavations by John Garstang and Seton Lloyd both of which were directors of the British Institute of Archaeology at Ankara, revealed 23 levels of occupation, the earliest dating from c. 6300 BC. The site however was abandoned during Byzantine Empire period. Modern settlement began in the 19th century. Originally a part of Mersin municipality, the municipality of Toroslar was established in 1993 as a secondary level municipality and the corresponding district governorate was established in 2008.
According to 2011 figures the population of Toroslar is 253,446. (126,833 male and 126,613 female citizens.). Approximately, % 30 of Mersin citizens live in Toroslar.
There are 32 villages and five towns in the rural area of Toroslar. The total population of the district is (urban and rural) 276,420 
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Toroslar.|
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Turkstat". Turkish Statistical Institute. Archived from the original on September 27, 2013. Retrieved 2015. Check date values in:
- "Modernize Edilecek Tesisler" (in Turkish). 6. Gençlik Spor. June 2012: 67. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "7. Bölge Spor Salonu" (in Turkish). Mersin Gençlik Hizmetleri ve Spor İl Müdürlüğü. Retrieved 2013-07-10.
- "1.000 Seyirci Kapasiteli Bocce Tesisi" (in Turkish). Mersin 2013. Retrieved 2013-07-08.