|Alternative names||Ferrovial Torre|
|Location||Las Palmas, Spain|
|Height||60 metres (197 ft)|
|Design and construction|
|Architect||Abalos & Herreros, Joaquin Casariego and Elsa Guerra|
|Structural engineer||Obiol y Moya|
Woermann Tower also Torre Woermann is a mixed-use tower in Las Palmas on Gran Canaria, Canary Islands, Spain. Completed in 2005, the tower was designed by Abalos & Herreros in collaboration with Joaquin Casariego and Elsa Guerra, and built by Ferrovial Inmobiliaria, the company also built around the same time one of the two Torres de Santa Cruz, in the city of Santa Cruz de Tenerife. The Woermann Tower forms part of a complex which includes a public square, constructed using Portuguese stone with the artist Albert Oehlen, and a seven storey block to the south, containing retail units and offices.
The ground floor contains a main entrance area and retail units whilst the first floor contains a library. The floors above contain apartments, usually four or five per floor. The floor slabs are separated by 3.6 m (12 ft), offering views over the Atlantic Ocean through the 2,000 m2 (21,528 sq ft) glass facade. The facade is protected from the sun by solar fins running horizontally around the building, with vegetable motifs etched into the glass. Yellow colour inserts were placed in the windows in strategic locations on the facade.
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Torre Woermann.|
- AC Hotel
- Torres de Santa Cruz
- Rascacielos de la avenida Tres de Mayo
- Edificio Olympo
- Edificio Bel Air
- "Torre Woermann". Emporis. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- Jodido, Philip (2007). "Chapter 1: Abalos and Herreros". In Kobler, Florian. Architecture In Spain. Court, Christiane; Bosser, Jacques. Italy: Taschen. pp. 20–25. ISBN 978-3-8228-5261-3.
- Ferrovial Inmobiliaria adquiere dos solares sobre los que promoverá las Torres de Santa Cruz, en Tenerife
- "Woermann Plaza in Las Palmas". Konzept High-Rise Buildings. detail.de. 2007. Retrieved 2009-09-24.
- Badia, Laura Della (April 2006). "Woermann Tower, Ábalos & Herreros.". Floornature. Retrieved 2009-09-24.