|Founded||23 April 2000|
|Service type||Bus services|
|Fleet||698 (June 2018)|
|Chief executive||Clint Feuerherdt|
Torrens Transit is an Australian bus service operator in Adelaide. It operates services as part of the Adelaide Metro network under contract to the Government of South Australia. It is a subsidiary of Transit Systems.
In July 2011 Torrens Transit commenced operating a new eight-year East-West contract with an optional four-year extension exercisable if performance criteria is met. However the North-South and Outer North East area contracts passed to Light-City Buses in October 2011.
In June 2018, the Light-City Buses business was integrated with Torrens Transit following Transit Systems purchasing it from Broadspectrum, doubling the fleet to 700 buses. This marked the return of Light-City routes to Torrens Transit after 7 years.
As at Mary 2018, the fleet consisted of 332 buses. Buses are painted in Adelaide Metro livery. Torrens Transit inherited a fleet of Dennis Dart, MAN NL202, MAN SL202, Volvo B58 articulated and Volvo B59s from TransAdelaide.
- "Adelaide Bus Tendering Results Announced" Australian Bus Panorama 15/4 February 2000 page 21
- "Adelaide Bus Tendering Results" Australian Bus Panorama 15/5 April 2000 page 29
- Competitive Tendering for Bus Services Seventh International Conference on Competition & Ownership in Land Passenger Transport June 2001
- "New Metropolitan Bus Contracts for Adelaide" Minister for Urban Development & Planning 17 February 2005
- Serco bus drivers end strike ABC News 19 February 2005
- Report on the Adelaide Metro Bus Service Contracts Minister for Transport August 2011
- Transfield Services awarded $567 million Adelaide metropolitan bus contract Archived 27 April 2012 at the Wayback Machine. Transfield Services 29 April 2011
- Bus firm vows jobs safe under contract changes ABC News 29 April 2011
- Bus company Transfield stripped of eight routes and fined for being late Adelaide Advertiser 24 April 2013
- Bus company stripped of routes ABC News 25 April 2013
- SA operator forfeits routes due to poor performance Australasian Bus & Coach 26 April 2013
- Double-decker buses back on our streets with express service between the city and Adelaide Airport Adelaide Advertiser 26 October 2014
- "Torrens Transit acquires Light City Buses". Transit Systems. 4 June 2018. Retrieved 9 August 2018.
- Transit Systems eyes Bridj shuttle expansion after Adelaide bus acquisition Australian Financial Review 9 May 2018
- Torrens Transit acquires local rival rival Light City Buses Adelaide Advertiser 9 May 2018
- Torrens Transit Bus Australia
- "Adelaide Contractors" Australian Bus Panorama 16/3 December 2000 pages 54-56