- Not to be confused with the Wikipedia Torrent Project
|Part of a series on|
|Networks and protocols|
|Development and societal aspects|
|Non-public file sharing|
|Websites and services|
|By country or region|
The Torrent Project or Torrent Search Project is a metasearch engine for torrent files, which consolidates links from other popular torrent hosting pages such as ExtraTorrent. It has been suggested as an alternative for the now closed Torrentz.eu site and KickassTorrents, and its index includes over 8 million torrent files, and has been said to have a very clean, simple interface. Beyond allowing torrent files of popular films it also carries self-produced content. The torrentproject.com URL was part of a 2014 United Kingdom High Court decision, which ordered it to be blocked. It has an API that allows the search function to be integrated into applications, and the news-site TorrentFreak has suggested that allow streaming in the future, and it has adopted the Torrents Time plugin.
- "Cosa ci resta, ora che è stato chiuso anche Torrentz.eu - Wired". Wired (in Italian). 2016-08-05. Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- "P2P: addio al metamotore di Torrentz.eu". PC Professionale (in Italian). 2016-08-17. Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- "7 alternativas a Torrentz.eu". El Grupo Informático (in Spanish). Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- "Siti torrent | I migliori motori di ricerca per scaricare film torrent | File torrent". thebizloft.com (in Italian). 2016-08-09. Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- "Record Labels Obtain Order to Block 21 Torrent Sites - TorrentFreak". TorrentFreak. 2014-10-23. Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- "Daily API RoundUp: Hutoma, TorrentProject, Dealhunt, 2Factor". ProgrammableWeb. Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- "Nå er The Pirate Bay blitt til verdens største streaming-nettside". Dagbladet.no. Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- "Kickass Torrents Follows In Footsteps of The Pirate Bay, Adds Support for Torrents Time". Christian Post. Retrieved 2016-10-28.
- Van der Sar, Ernesto (2017-09-01). "Torrent Sites Suffer DDoS Attacks and Other Trouble". TorrentFreak. Archived from the original on 2017-10-18. Retrieved 2017-10-23.