Torrington Municipal Airport
|Torrington Municipal Airport|
|Owner||City of Torrington|
|Elevation AMSL||4,207 ft / 1,282 m|
Torrington Municipal Airport (IATA: TOR, ICAO: KTOR, FAA LID: TOR) is a city owned, public use airport located two nautical miles (4 km) east of the central business district of Torrington, in Goshen County, Wyoming, United States. The National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems for 2011–2015 categorized it as a general aviation facility.
Facilities and aircraft
Torrington Municipal Airport covers an area of 256 acres (104 ha) at an elevation of 4,207 feet (1,282 m) above mean sea level. It has two runways with asphalt surfaces: 10/28 is 5,703 by 75 feet (1,738 x 23 m) and 2/20 is 3,001 by 60 feet (915 x 18 m).
For the 12-month period ending June 30, 2011, the airport had 3,394 aircraft operations, an average of 282 per month: 95% general aviation, 4% air taxi, and 1% military. At that time there were 21 aircraft based at this airport: 95% single-engine and 5% multi-engine.
- FAA Airport Master Record for TOR ( PDF). Federal Aviation Administration. Effective November 15, 2012.
- "IATA Airport Code Search (TOR: Torrington / Municipal)". International Air Transport Association. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- "Airport information for TOR (KTOR)". Federal Aviation Administration. Retrieved June 11, 2014.
- "2011–2015 NPIAS Report, Appendix A" (PDF, 2.03 MB). National Plan of Integrated Airport Systems. Federal Aviation Administration. October 4, 2010. External link in
- Torrington Municipal Airport at City of Torrington website
- Aerial image as of June 1994 from USGS The National Map
- FAA Terminal Procedures for TOR, effective November 9, 2017
- Resources for this airport: