In mathematics, torsion-free may refer to:
- Torsion-free group, a group whose only element of finite order is the identity
- Torsion-free module, module over an integral domain where zero is the only torsion element
- Torsion-free abelian group, an abelian group which is a torsion-free group
- Torsion-free rank, the cardinality of a maximal linearly independent subset of an abelian group or of a module over an integral domain
- Torsion-free affine connection, an affine connection whose torsion tensor vanishes
- Torsion-free metric connection or Levi-Civita connection, a unique symmetric connection on the tangent bundle of a manifold compatible with the metric
|This disambiguation page lists mathematics articles associated with the same title.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.