Torsten Krol is an Australian writer resident in Queensland. He is the author of the FOREVERMAN series of six novels (2018). He is best known for his novels The Dolphin People (2006), a postmodern "parable" of a World War II-era German family lost in the South American jungle, and Callisto (2007), a "nightmarishly amusing" satire on modern day American attitudes to terrorism, post-9/11, which was translated into 22 languages.
Described as "reclusive", Krol does not make personal appearances to promote his work, and there has been media speculation about his identity; among others, The Sunday Star-Times and ABC's The Book Show have questioned whether he might be a better known author writing under a pseudonym.
In April 2018, a few days prior to the publication of Krol's new novel series, FOREVERMAN, a German author published a piece of non-fiction literary criticism postulating possible identities of Torsten Krol.
|2006||The Dolphin People||Harper Perennial||ISBN 978-1-84354-576-7||ASIN B07G3LF9HL|
|2007||Callisto||Harper Perennial||ISBN 978-1-84354-576-7||ASIN B07HRPPFFQ|
|2012||Secret Book of Sacred Things||Corvus||ISBN 978-1-84354-579-8||ASIN B07H1YY8H2|
|2018||FOREVERMAN||Platinum Needle||ASIN B079KMGXLL|
|2018||FOREVERMAN: Exilium||Platinum Needle||ASIN B07BSZQS26|
|2018||FOREVERMAN: Quantum Blood||Platinum Needle||ASIN B07DHBMD37|
|2018||FOREVERMAN: Terminus||Platinum Needle||ASIN B07FCRT4P3|
|2018||FOREVERMAN: Olympus||Platinum Needle||ASIN B07FDHNY3Y|
|2018||FOREVERMAN: Darkness Primeval||Platinum Needle||ASIN B07FKQZDFN|
|2018||Randall Priest||Platinum Needle||ASIN B07GXF79RQ|
- "Treats in store". theage.com.au. The Age Company. 2005-12-31. Retrieved 2007-11-07.
- Sullivan, Jane (2006-12-30). "A feast in store". theage.com.au. The Age Company. Retrieved 2007-11-07.
- Jones, Lewis (2008-08-15). "Review: The Dolphin People by Torsten Krol". The Telegraph. ISSN 0307-1235. Retrieved 2018-09-06.
- Wright, Ed (2006-04-17). "The Dolphin People". smh.com.au. The Sydney Morning Herald. Retrieved 2007-11-07.
- Pendarvis, Jack (April 10, 2009). "Odell's Bad Day Book Review | 'Callisto,' by Torsten Krol". New York Times. Retrieved 2018-09-06.
- "An innocent in a terrorist mess". The Economist Newspaper. The Economist. 2007-07-05. Retrieved 2007-11-07.
- "Undercover authors". NewsComAu. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- "Novelist's killer finally confesses". Stuff. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- Pain, Ryan (2007-10-18). "Callisto by Torsten Krol (review)". The Book Show. ABC. Retrieved 2007-11-07.
- "Amazon.com: Who is Torsten Krol?: Stephen King VS Joe Hill eBook: Marc Bischof: Kindle Store". www.amazon.com. Retrieved 2018-05-24.
- Foreverman book series by Torsten Krol
- Review of Callisto in The Independent
- Torsten Krol as a pseudonym of Stephen King
|This article about an Australian writer is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|