A small nomadic settlement in Torul district
Location of Torul within Turkey.
|• Mayor||Nidai Köroğlu (AKP)|
|• District||1,079.41 km2 (416.76 sq mi)|
|Elevation||1,113 m (3,652 ft)|
|• District density||11/km2 (30/sq mi)|
|Time zone||EET (UTC+2)|
|• Summer (DST)||EEST (UTC+3)|
Torul is a town and district of Gümüşhane Province in the Black Sea region of Turkey. According to the 2010 census, population of the district is 12,385 of which 4,421 live in the town of Torul. The district covers an area of 1,079 km2 (417 sq mi), and the town lies at an elevation of 1,113 m (3,652 ft).
- "Area of regions (including lakes), km²". Regional Statistics Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. 2002. Retrieved 2013-03-05.
- "Population of province/district centers and towns/villages by districts - 2012". Address Based Population Registration System (ABPRS) Database. Turkish Statistical Institute. Retrieved 2013-02-27.
- Statistical Institute
- Statoids. "Statistical information on districts of Turkey". Archived from the original on 2010-05-26. Retrieved 2008-12-05.
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc. "Geographical information on Torul, Turkey". Retrieved 2008-12-05.
Media related to Gümüşhane Province at Wikimedia Commons
- District governor's official website (Turkish)
- District municipality's official website (Turkish)
- Road map of Torul and environs
|This article about a Black Sea Region of Turkey location is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|