From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A torus, pl. tori, is a type of surface. It may also refer to:
- The thickened part of a stem, the receptacle, from which the flower and fruit parts grow
- Torus, a structure of the xylem
- A synonym for a sagittal keel, a structure found in crania.
- Torus palatinus, a bony growth on the palate
- Torus mandibularis, a bony growth on the mandible
- Torus fracture, a term used in radiology to describe an incomplete fracture of the distal radius in children where there is no obvious fracture line on any radiograph.
In nuclear physics:
- Torus (nuclear physics), a subtype of tokamak
- Joint European Torus, an experimental nuclear fusion reactor
- A semicircular molding - see Molding (decorative)#Types
- Torus (album), a 2013 album by Sub Focus
- Torus, a Dutch producer
|This disambiguation page lists articles associated with the title Torus.
If an internal link led you here, you may wish to change the link to point directly to the intended article.