From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Torvalds (Swedish pronunciation: [ˈtuːɹ.vald̥s]) is a Swedish/Finnish family name. It may refer to:
- Ole Torvalds (1916–1995), journalist and poet
- Nils Torvalds (b. 1945), son of Ole; broadcast journalist, writer and politician
- Linus Torvalds (b. 1969), son of Nils; software engineer and creator of the Linux kernel, who now works and lives in the U.S.
- 9793 Torvalds, asteroid named for Linus Torvalds
- Tanenbaum–Torvalds debate, debate between Andrew S. Tanenbaum and Linus Torvalds about Linux and kernel architecture in general