Toshiba 1100, discolored
|Introductory price||US$1,899 (equivalent to $4,321 in 2017)|
|Operating system||MS-DOS 2.11|
|CPU||Intel 80C88 @ 4.77 MHz|
|Memory||256 kB RAM (upgradable to 512 kB)|
|Storage||Internal 3.5" floppy drive, 720 kB; external 5.25" floppy drive, 360 kB|
|Display||Monochrome LCD / Text mode: 80×25|
|Input||keyboard 83 keys, QWERTY|
The T1100 was a laptop manufactured by Toshiba in 1985, and has subsequently been described by Toshiba as "the world's first mass-market laptop computer". Its technical specifications were comparable to the original IBM PC desktop, using floppy disks (it had no hard drive), a 4.77 MHz Intel 80C88 CPU (a variation of the Intel 8088), and a monochrome LCD capable of displaying 80x25 text and 640x200 CGA graphics. Its original price was 1899 USD.
The T1100 PLUS is a later model of this laptop, released to the market in 1986. Some significant differences to the T1100 are, 80C86 CPU, 7.16 MHz or 4.77 MHz operation, expandable to 640 kB of RAM, and two internal diskette drives.
The T1100 was named an IEEE Milestone in 2009.
- Toshiba-Asia.com Archived 2011-07-17 at the Wayback Machine., May 2005
- "Toshiba's flyer for the T1100" (PDF). Retrieved 18 December 2016.
- Stachell, Stephen (Sep 15, 1986). "Toshiba T1100 Plus: Turbo PC in Briefcase". InfoWorld magazine: 46. Retrieved 17 December 2016.
- "Toshiba's flyer for the T1100 PLUS" (PDF). Retrieved 18 December 2016.
- Лебеденко Евгений [Lebedenko Eugene]. (2010-10-13). "Электроника МС 1504" — первый советский ноутбук ["Elektronika MS 1504" - the first Soviet laptop] (in Russian). mobi.ru. Archived from the original on 2010-10-18. Retrieved 2011-02-15.
- T1100 information at minuszerodegrees.net
- 360 degree view of T1100 at Russian Vintage Laptop Museum
- 360 degree view of T1100 PLUS at Russian Vintage Laptop Museum
|This computer hardware article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|