Nakanishi in 2006
|Also known as||Tycoon To$h, Typhoom Tosh|
13 January 1956|
|Died||25 February 2017
|Genres||New wave, technopop, hip hop|
|Associated acts||K.U.D.O, Major Force, Melon, Plastics, Chica Sato, Water Melon, Water Melon Group, Terminater Troops|
Toshio Nakanishi (中西 俊夫 Nakanishi Toshio?, January 13, 1956 – February 25, 2017), also known by the pseudonyms Tycoon To$h or Typhoom Tosh, was a Japanese musician and graphic designer who was best known as the founding member of new wave band Plastics in 1976. He was initially a part of the technopop fever in Japan and later acted as a pioneer of the Japanese hip hop scene with his band Major Force.
He was formerly married to Japanese stylist and bandmate Chica Sato of Plastics and Melon. In September 2016, Nakanishi was diagnosed with esophageal cancer. He died on February 25, 2017.
- Solo albums
- GORGEOUS GIRLS (1990)
- ユーリ ORIGINAL SOUND TRACK (1996)
- Albums with K.U.D.O
- THE 1st KISS (as Sexy T.K.O.)(1991)
- SANDII:COME AGAIN (1991)
- SANDII:JOGET TO THE BEAT (1991)
- EP (as Love T.K.O.) (1993)
- HEAD TURNER (as Love T.K.O.) (1994)
- Monday Michiru: Maden Japan (as Love T.K.O.) (1994)
- Other albums
- The Clap Heads, Snakeman Show (1980)
- (Natural Calamity), DOWN IN THE VALLEY (1991)
- (Natural Calamity), LET IT COME DOWN (1992)
- (Natural Calamity), NEAR MOUNTAIN (1992)
- Group of Gods, GROUP OF GOD (1992)
- (Tamap Iijima), DASK 'TIL DAWN (1992)
- (高木完), Grass Roots (1992)
- (Natural Calamity), SUN DANCE (1994)
- Egaitsu, Hiroshi (October 13, 2014). "Interview: Toshio Nakanishi on Hip Hop, New Wave, and Punk". Red Bull Music Academy.
- Christgau, Robert (May 2, 2002). "Planet Rock: The World's Most Local Pop Goes International". The Village Voice.
- Schwartz, Mark (1999). "Planet Rock: Hip Hop Supa National". In Light, Alan. The Vibe History of Hip-Hop. New York: Three Rivers Press. pp. 361–372.
|This article about a Japanese musician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|